Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Answer to visor misting

Beresford
the 900
the 900

Answer to visor misting

Post by Beresford on Thu 29 Oct 2015, 5:22 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fjrS-de4P3E
I got one of these self-adhesive pinlock visors. It seemed worth the risk at only a fiver on ebay, and I must say I'm well impressed. The weather at the moment is cold and humid in the evenings - just right for really annoying fogging on the visor. However I find there is no problem at all, even with my visor tight shut.
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Re: Answer to visor misting

Post by jerryfudd on Thu 29 Oct 2015, 5:27 pm

I got a HJC Rpha10+..... well two in fact and they come with antimist pinlock strips. it lasted about a year before i had to replace it which i was only 20 quid so no biggie and that was with 5-day a week use.
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Thu 29 Oct 2015, 5:46 pm

Should have said my helmet is a 12 year old Shoei RXR, and at the moment a replacement isn't affordable.
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Thu 29 Oct 2015, 5:49 pm

don't blame you, only reason I have a second is that the insurance after the crash bought me a new one and I still think there is life left in it.

in summary was just agreeing that they are great at stopping misting but will need to renew the strip after awhile.
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Thu 29 Oct 2015, 6:18 pm

Looking at a shoei nxr today 420 euro, it comes with pinlock also. Not cheap but i use to have a shoei xr 900 and it did me well took major smack when i hit the road , major gouge in chin, not a fan of arai .
jim157
Two Tone
Two Tone

Post by jim157 on Thu 29 Oct 2015, 9:52 pm

I got an NXR a while back.  A nice lid, much smaller and lighter than my XR1100.  An improvement in every way apart from an annoying piece of velour on the right hand strap that seems to twist out of the way allowing the strap to dig into my jaw bone.

www.racevisors.co.uk are giving away an excellent transitions visor free with every NXR at the moment.
biglee
Rossi
Rossi

Post by biglee on Sun 01 Nov 2015, 11:29 pm

hi all i just purchased last sat a shark stelf matt black helmet with a free pinlock insert in  a flash sale for 140 /60 pounds off
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Sun 01 Nov 2015, 11:39 pm

Matt black helmets in the summer sun are a good means of frying your brains. Even shiny black ones are uncomfortable in the summer.
badseeds

Awesome!

Post by badseeds on Mon 02 Nov 2015, 12:10 am

Pinlock is a marvellous invention, especially when used with a Bob Heath V-Wipe.
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Mon 02 Nov 2015, 7:55 am

Looking at shoei  xspirit2 john mcguinness replica not cheap its discontinued and half price it originall was
Stooby2
Godzilla
Godzilla

Post by Stooby2 on Mon 16 Nov 2015, 7:52 pm

I have a Shoei Neotech and found it was fogging even with the Pinlock. After much trial and error I found the chin piece was the problem. It virtually seals the helmet at the front and doesn't allow any air in or breath out. Removing it was too cold in the winter, so I punched a few holes in it and not had a problem since.
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Mon 16 Nov 2015, 8:58 pm

I picked up a nitro racing helmet from a car boot a few months ago in black and silver it hadn't had that much use it even smelt new inside the guy on the stall said he had given up riding so ok for £7 Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 21 Sep 2017, 4:50 pm