Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

NEC 2015

muttley1
the 900
the 900

NEC 2015

Post by muttley1 on Mon 26 Oct 2015, 8:31 pm

Every year I hum and ha over going to the show, last year was average. It was smaller than usual, bikes didn't seem to be going forward development-wise. However, this year I'm going as I need some decent boots. Anyone else thinking of going?

muttley1
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Re: NEC 2015

Post by ashcroc on Mon 26 Oct 2015, 9:36 pm

Looks interesting & would be nice to see the yam xsr700 they're unveiling in the flesh. It seems classic lines & round headlights may be making a comeback.

Looks like I could only make the 1st due to work if I do go though. Would most likely be less busy Han at the weekend.

muttley1
the 900
the 900

Post by muttley1 on Mon 07 Dec 2015, 9:07 pm

Well, I've been and it was a much better show than last year, busier, more bikes, more variety.

I used the bike park, its free and less than 100 yards from the main entry to the show. Mix and match signs meant I had a nice spin round the perimiter of the NEC first and some chap on a newish gs bmw had fun following me. He'd done 18000 miles in 6 months he said and had got through 7 (yep seven) rear tyres. Bet they're worth more than my bike!

Honda had an army of customer helper people on their stand, so much as look at a bike and there they were. No mention or fanfare of the MotoGP shennanigans. Jamie Whitham gave a talk and pulled no punches, Honda cost Rossi the championship he said so perhaps the reason for the happy clappies.

There seems more focus on road friendly bikes - Yamaha's mt range for example, and themed bikes - adventure, grandads, up and comer, grizzled cruiser. None aimed a ladies as such but surely the first pink low seated kawasaki 300 is on the way, I hope so.
The optional extras lists get longer too, from bars, exhausts and levers to seat heights.

Many of the main manufacturers  125's were themed to bigger bikes in the range and I saw less of the old- tooling chinese produced bikes this time.

As to kit, some good deals on roadskin stuff, boot prices all over the place (unusual sizes only on offer), a lot of expensive fabric stuff.

muttley1
jim157
Two Tone
Two Tone

Post by jim157 on Mon 07 Dec 2015, 10:45 pm

Yep, I went last week after a long hiatus and I have to say it was a pretty good show.  The biggest disappointment for me was the Honda stand, extremely dull.  I mean, they even had cars on it!

Was nice to see some bikes from the smaller manufacturers (Bimota even had a stand), some GP bikes and some older bikes (X7, YZR500, Rossi's RS125 and loads of 250 LC's).

The clothing stalls were so so, and the prices seemed to be similar to the internet though.  None of the bargains of yesteryear...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 20 Oct 2017, 3:14 pm