Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

CB500 newbie

muttley1
the 900
the 900

Re: CB500 newbie

Post by muttley1 on Mon 26 Oct 2015, 8:24 pm

Very good  post by stormbringer,
u can nearly use all power of cb on the road, u cant nowadays on high powered ones

Seconded. For general road riding the cb5 is enough bike for most of the time. I've owned an sv650s (curvy frame) and its the only thing that comes close overall, with a good old midrange shove. Cramped riding position though so it had to go, I got a second cb5 instead.
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Mon 26 Oct 2015, 8:29 pm

hi stormbringer if you ever get the chance to go to the isle of man you must ride the mountain course it is brilliant you go through towns and villages as well as over the mountain and the scenery is breath taking as badseeds will testify
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Mon 26 Oct 2015, 8:41 pm

@skyrider wrote:...as badseeds will testify
Yes. That lucky bastard Wink

Or was that merely being a decisive kinda guy? Afterall, it's only road.

I could go to the TT, overland. A matter of petrol, determination and time. Which brings us back to the bucket list and priorities. Nobody say a thing! - Y'all got your families and mortgages, so don't you point a finger at me. I'll have to cross six countries to go there, you've got to  - well - take the ferry...
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Mon 26 Oct 2015, 9:20 pm

@stormbringer wrote:
@skyrider wrote:...as badseeds will testify

Yes. That lucky bastard Wink

Or was that merely being a decisive kinda guy? Afterall, it's only road.

I could go to the TT, overland. A matter of petrol, determination and time. Which brings us back to the bucket list and priorities. Nobody say a thing! - Y'all got your families and mortgages, so don't you point a finger at me. I'll have to cross six countries to go there, you've got to  - well - take the ferry...
Plan it right you could pick some of us up along the way to keep you company.....at least for the last leg.
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Mon 26 Oct 2015, 9:26 pm

sounds good Very Happy
Twins

Greetings

Post by Twins on Thu 26 Nov 2015, 1:04 am

Greetings fellow cb500ers,im new to the club and what a good idea sharing the knowledge on this excellent bike.Ive owned and ridden bikes of all sorts,   eg bmw air cooled boxers,jap fours,lots 250/400twins etc,but the cb500 is a real jewel.My model 1999 500x (silver surfer) Thanks for accepting me to your club and I look forward to joining in the banter/comments and add to the experience,cheers,NED
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Thu 26 Nov 2015, 5:41 am

Welcome  to the site ned, the cb's a great bike most of guys on here have a couple of bikes.guys on here have a wealth of experience, any problems ask away
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Thu 26 Nov 2015, 1:04 pm

Glad to hear you like the CB500 - have you got any pictures of yours?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 22 Nov 2017, 2:50 pm