You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

Bootload of parts

The_Wasp
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Bootload of parts

Post by The_Wasp on Tue 13 Oct 2015, 10:30 pm

Hi all, here I have a reasonable selection of used parts that I don't want or need. They were bought as part of a job lot which included some fairings I was after but these bits are surplus, the condition of a lot of the stuff is rough but perfectly serviceable and will be reflected in the asking prices. Pictures will be uploaded in due course but below is a brief list of what I have. Prices are not inclusive of postage.

2 x Under trays - Both in good condition and one with a pair of mini indicators attached directly, rear lights included with both £15 each

1 x "S" model clocks - In good order but not tested with 29,000 miles on the odometer. Replaced facsia with my old one so LH edge has had repair of white plastex but doesn't affect use £60

2 x Handlebars - Both in fair condition £10 each 1 left

2 x Sidestands - Both cone with a set of springs and safety switches but they have not been tested for functionality £15 each

2 x sets of side grab rails - One pair has  set of indicators attached and is in general good order, the other one is is badly rusted and is without indicators £15 and £5 per pair respectively 

1 x set of "S" model yokes - They look in good order and come with both parts and handlebar clamps. Note that these will not suitable for regular unfaired CB500s. There are a set of open caged bearings but these will likely need replacing before use £30

2 x Pillion grab handles - One silver one black and both in need of a rubs down and respray in my opinion £10 each

2 x Seat catches - One has a key included £12 for one with key £8 for one without

1 x Ignition switch - No key included and the seat catch one doesn't fit £15

2 x Main stand - Each could do with a clean up and lick of paint, no springs included but each has a pivot pin that hasn't seized in £15 each

2 X LH switchgear - Not tested but externally in good condition £10 each

1 x "S"model front fairing bracket - Very rusted but looks straight and true with tabs intact £15

2 x pairs of rear shocks - Rusted all over and slight pitting visible on piston rod but no signs of leaking so might be serviceable with a bit of tlc. No brand visible and one pair has had a spray of black paint on one side only £15 per pair

2 x Horns - Tatty but solid £3 each

2 x Rear brake switches - £5 each

Rusted on the stalks but serviceable £5 Sold

2 x Sprocket covers - £5 each 1 left

1 x Chain guard - £10

Last edited by The_Wasp on Sun 18 Oct 2015, 7:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Re: Bootload of parts

Post by ashcroc on Tue 13 Oct 2015, 11:30 pm

That list looks mighty familiar. How was Newport?

Got any undamaged side panels that go under the seat spare?
The_Wasp
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by The_Wasp on Wed 14 Oct 2015, 9:37 am

Yeah I managed to get there alright, it was a 300 mile round trip though. Thanks for notifying me of it though, much appreciated. 

I'll have a look when I get home and see what condition the side panels are in and let you know.
liverpool_f_
the 900
the 900

Post by liverpool_f_ on Wed 14 Oct 2015, 11:56 am

I would like to take a pair of handlebars if they are standard. Also, since it looks like s model stuff, any trim like the little fairing cubby hole or a full fairing if it is black?
The_Wasp
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by The_Wasp on Wed 14 Oct 2015, 12:26 pm

I have the handle bars and the cubby hole available. I'll be getting rid of my current fairing which is in yellow and relplacing it with the black one that came with the lot. It does need repairing and respraying though. Don't know of that'll be of any interest to you though.
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Wed 14 Oct 2015, 1:12 pm

I'll have the pair of mirrors, if you still have them.
liverpool_f_
the 900
the 900

Post by liverpool_f_ on Wed 14 Oct 2015, 3:48 pm

I have a fairing already in ok-ish condition so maybe that will have to do. I would love the cubby hole and bars though. Do they bars still have the bracket attached inside for the bar end weights? That is my main reason for swap
liverpool_f_
the 900
the 900

Post by liverpool_f_ on Wed 14 Oct 2015, 3:51 pm

I would take a sprocket cover as well if the finish is still intact. Where are you located by the way?
The_Wasp
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by The_Wasp on Wed 14 Oct 2015, 10:28 pm

Liverpool f, one of the bars do have the internal weights and clips inside. They could do with a rub down and respray though as the paintwork is rather tatty. The one sprocket cover with the original finish has a two areas where the paint has flaked from the plastic so I don't know if they'd be any good to you. If you want everything I'd ask £20 plus whatever postage would be. BTW I am located in Crewe, Cheshire.

Eternally Troubled, the mirrors are yours if you want them.

Ashcroc, of the four panels I got with the two are in reasonable condition with no cracks but the RH has a few scratches in the plastic towards the front. The other pair has the RH one cracked around the lug and the metal insert missing. The good pair has CB500 written on them. £20 for both is what I'm asking.
liverpool_f_
the 900
the 900

Post by liverpool_f_ on Thu 15 Oct 2015, 12:39 pm

GBP 20+P&P seems like a bargain. Cheers for that wasp. I am in the South East of England so collecting the items might be a bit out of the question. Can you let me know what you need for the P&P and your details and I will get the money sent over to you. Also, if it isn't a pain for you, can you delay the postage a few weeks? I will be back in the UK on the 7th November but I am getting carried away with parts shopping!

Cheers
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Thu 15 Oct 2015, 12:52 pm

Do you have a pic of the scratches please? Happy with the price if they not too bad.
The_Wasp
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by The_Wasp on Thu 15 Oct 2015, 11:10 pm

@ashcroc wrote:Do you have a pic of the scratches please?  Happy with the price if they not too bad.

Here you go 

ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Thu 15 Oct 2015, 11:33 pm

Thanks.

When you said scratches I had visions of deep gouges but that's nothing really.  It's certainly better than the cracksnear the pegs from overzealous heavy handed removal I currently have.

Pm me your PayPal along with UK p&p & I'll get the cash to you.
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Fri 16 Oct 2015, 12:22 am

those panels seem to get a real hard time ive red rubber grease on lugs on mine and every time i take them off the   lugs verge of snaping  off , and my bike came to me minus  side panel ( one with out fuel tap hole) like the one you guys are taking about. Ive also seen an other cb here and it was missing same panel? I got a replacement panel but little lug was missin off it .
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Fri 16 Oct 2015, 12:26 am

I push the lug through from behind when removing but previous owner/s didn't bother. My first cb (which looked like it had spent more time on it's side than upright) had a screwhead bolt instead of one of the lugs!
The_Wasp
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by The_Wasp on Fri 16 Oct 2015, 11:17 am

My side panel is cracked around the lug but only the right side had that issue, the other side pops out fine. I'll repair mine as best as I can and see if I can push through from the back from now on, the grease is a good idea as I still have some left from doing the brake piston seals.
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Tue 20 Oct 2015, 2:06 pm

Side panels arrived this morning. After a rub down & paint they'll be going on.
The_Wasp
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by The_Wasp on Wed 10 Feb 2016, 10:43 pm

Still got all of this available if anyone's interested.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 25 Feb 2018, 1:54 pm