Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Bike shed/ man cave

jerryfudd

Awesome!

Re: Bike shed/ man cave

Post by jerryfudd on Sat 10 Oct 2015, 8:15 pm

Not a massive space, but was big enough to rebuild a CB500 in plus keeps the bikes out of the elements!
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Sat 10 Oct 2015, 8:19 pm

handy looking tool chest at the far end too
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Sat 10 Oct 2015, 8:20 pm

U can make one cheap enough out of timber ,i hear you also can make one out of an old hospital bed,(where would u get one of them Smile)
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Sat 10 Oct 2015, 8:24 pm

do you mean a bike bench ?
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Sat 10 Oct 2015, 8:34 pm

Yes as bike bench, but theres no need to shell out cash for work bench either, the amount of timber that gets thrown out on building sites is unreal,  if you ask some builders or throw them few quid they let u take it out of skips all you need is handsaw measuring tape hammer and nails or screw gun and screws.
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Sat 10 Oct 2015, 8:43 pm

yea I know what you mean, a sheet of inch ply for the top as well, well worth thinking about because the cb5 I get will probably need a fair bit of spannering
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Sat 10 Oct 2015, 8:55 pm

I've helped make one out of old victorian rafters from a loft conversion. Was mortace/tenon joints, fish glue & wooden dowels all the way with not a screw or nail in sight. 2 of us got it done with power tools in a morning using an old one as a template. Would probably take a day or 2 with hand tools but it definitely doable.
If only I had a man cave to build my own.
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Sat 10 Oct 2015, 9:03 pm

you certainly need one, when I was working on my last project I was on my knees all the time not good Neutral

muttley1
the 900
the 900

Post by muttley1 on Sat 10 Oct 2015, 9:22 pm

I've a lockup a few hundred yards away, 4 inch celotex lined exterior wall,, polystyrene lined roof and door. Van Gogh Starry Night on the wall.

Its half carpeted, no light or heat but peaceful location in the day and the sun shines into it in the evenings. An old Ikea desk makes a usable workbench and an even older billy bookcase for storage. I've a decent office chair, radio and an alarm clock (just in case..)

I got so hacked off storing non bike kit I cleared loads of junk out and rented half of another lockup for the building materials, allotment gear etc.

I'm a bit keen with the locks - chain + disclock, garage defender on door. I even lock the topbox to the bike.

I'm always messing with the place, moving stuff to get more floorspace usually. Did find some expanding foam but its a big can and disaster awaits if I get going with it I'm sure.

Don't know about other folk's mancaves but my Mrs very very rarely comes round there. I bet she couldn't tell which keys worked the locks. Mind you she's only been pillion once in 20 years confused

muttley1
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Sat 10 Oct 2015, 9:37 pm

Pictures please mutley sounds great Very Happy
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Sat 10 Oct 2015, 9:40 pm

yea lets have a view Smile
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Sun 11 Oct 2015, 8:39 pm

skyrider wrote:yea lets have a view Smile

Well... I'd like to, but to properly show, I'd need a wide-angle objective. So small & so full of cr*p. And now, it will need to hold stuff related to two cars too. This is getting ridiculous!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 21 Sep 2017, 6:15 am