Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

vibration in bars and pegs doing me head in

alanp
Rossi
Rossi

Re: vibration in bars and pegs doing me head in

Post by alanp on Sat 23 Jul 2016, 10:33 pm

I used to ride a triumph triple (Trophy 900). Lovely engine - a great mile-muncher.
trophydave
Godly
Godly

Post by trophydave on Sun 24 Jul 2016, 4:49 pm

I'm on my third Triumph triple now.First a 900 Trophy,hence my username,then a Sprint ST and now a 955 Tiger.
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Sun 24 Jul 2016, 5:11 pm

Dave, what did you think of the Sprint ST ?

The prices now make them similar to what is asked for a decent CB500.
I've seen smart low mileage ones going for £1200 !!!
I'm sorely tempted to look for one. I'd really like a 955i Daytona but I don't think my back would like the riding position.
trophydave
Godly
Godly

Post by trophydave on Sun 24 Jul 2016, 6:06 pm

It was a good bike.I had owned two VFR750s over the years and it felt like a bigger engined version of a VFR,I preferred it.Loads of torque,plenty fast enough for me.The rear suspension on the single sided swingarms needs looking after,it can sieze and is a pig to strip.I wasnt really looking for one but it came up on ebay literally five minutes walk from my house.It only got sold because a mate offered me his Tiger.I understand what you mean about a Daytona,I would like one but dont think that I could do the riding position.Its about three years since I sold the ST but if you have any questions I will dig into my foggy memory and try to answer them for you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 21 Nov 2017, 5:32 pm