Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, ride safe! The CB500Club team

I crashed

jchesshyre
the 900
the 900

Re: I crashed

Post by jchesshyre on Wed 16 Sep 2015, 11:11 am

Glad to hear you're largely unscathed. And thanks for posting, I'll be extra vigilant today (on my new NSR250!) after reading this. I of course avoid overtaking near junctions but some entrances are hard to spot until you're right there. 

Hope the aches fade quickly!
Ayrton F
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post by Ayrton F on Wed 16 Sep 2015, 11:50 am

@badseeds wrote:*easy to say when I'm riding a bike that's not only worth peanuts, but shook it off with minimal damage. If I'd been on a fancy superbike......

Happy to hear your okay dude. I nearly had a similar off last week with a van making a right hand turn while I was filtering. I've started to reduce my speed while filtering to allow me to stop quickly. 

I agree with what your saying here 100% by the way. I havnt had any accidents with other road users but I have had a couple involving me and my lonesome ... The cosmetic damage never really bothered me as any of bikes were never really cosmetically pleasing (who cares right?). Its one of the massive advantages of owning a bike worth peanuts! That and nobody ever wants to steal it!
jim157
Two Tone
Two Tone

Post by jim157 on Wed 16 Sep 2015, 12:05 pm

Glad you're alright mate.  Stay safe out there everyone!
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Wed 16 Sep 2015, 7:31 pm

@wornsprokets wrote:This put end to my commuting on bike to work for years until i got the cb in march, i love bikes i always have they can give u so much happness and can be so brutal at same time as anyone knows who puts on that helmet. There was bike book few years back called" beautiful danger "sums it up really. Hospital didnt do great job on my wrist n hand , guess thats an other story Smile
Not helped by anti bike nurse
yea I have the book somewhere it has a lot of racing photos in it Smile
steady Eddy
the 800
the 800

Post by steady Eddy on Wed 16 Sep 2015, 8:03 pm

Lucky escape!

Good to hear Donkey is ok Smile
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Wed 16 Sep 2015, 8:18 pm

Glad to hear that you and little donkey are ok..ish, little donkey has a little more history now Wink
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Wed 16 Sep 2015, 9:07 pm

@Ayrton F wrote:...I've started to reduce my speed while filtering to allow me to stop quickly.
Good idea.

Actually, I've been filtering this afternoon, despite the fact that it's not really comme il faut in DK. I had just that same thought; "Not too fast - you lose the opportunity to react in time". But I did it - who wants to get stuck in a mile-long queue on the ringvej around Århus?

Waving at the cagers Smile

Helloooo - have a nice trip home. Never mind little old me, effortlessly passing you by...
badseeds

Awesome!

Post by badseeds on Thu 24 Sep 2015, 11:10 pm

Sorted. 

wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Fri 25 Sep 2015, 5:58 am

So u got sorted.i think carole nash are very good when comes to sorting claims, ur worry free now with newer cb Smile
trevor machine
the 900
the 900

Post by trevor machine on Fri 25 Sep 2015, 9:27 am

Good result Lee and glad you're okay. I've had a couple of instances lately of not seeing indicators - some new LED types can be very hard to discern if the direction of the sunlight is "wrong". Oh and don't reproach yourself too sternly - as you said, this was an entry, not a junction. Might be time for a Fuel can w/out baffle though. ; - )
badseeds

Awesome!

Post by badseeds on Fri 25 Sep 2015, 9:29 am

@wornsprokets wrote:So u got sorted.i think carole nash are very good when comes to sorting claims, ur worry free now with newer cb Smile

This is my first year with CN and I'm impressed so far..... Although, the people in the call centre aren't too sharp. But yeah, it's sorted and most importantly, I have a shinier CB :-)
badseeds

Awesome!

Post by badseeds on Fri 25 Sep 2015, 9:31 am

@trevor machine wrote:Good result Lee and glad you're okay. I've had a couple of instances lately of not seeing indicators - some new LED types can be very hard to discern if the direction of the sunlight is "wrong". Oh and don't reproach yourself too sternly - as you said, this was an entry, not a junction. Might be time for a Fuel can w/out baffle though. ; - )
Aye, I keep thinking about a noisier zorst. I also think about my neighbours, but they're into football, so bollocks to 'em!
trevor machine
the 900
the 900

Post by trevor machine on Fri 25 Sep 2015, 10:02 am

Yeah it is a bit anti-social, worse still though is that the beans you give the 500 it would tbh probably do your head in. I don't get up near 8k very often but at those rpm and beyond the Fuel w/out baffle is braying its arse off. It's pretty funny to hear the bike bellowing its heart out on both lungs but man - tinnitus city come bedtime.
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Fri 25 Sep 2015, 6:46 pm

result Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 16 Dec 2017, 4:58 pm