Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

I crashed

badseeds

Awesome!

I crashed

Post by badseeds on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 7:23 pm

I overtook a Renault Master which turned right before I passed it..... Silly me. This was at the entrance to a local school. I was on my way to work, me and Donkey side-swiped it and rode through a bus stop, where kids would've been standing and ended up in a hedge. I managed to avoid the lamp post and bus stop pole that were there...... I removed the van's mirror with my head and the crash-bars did a lovely tin-opener impression down the side of it!

It was absolutely stupid of me to overtake a vehicle where there was a danger of it turning right; I've been riding for years and know this..... Shit happens, however. The driver didn't indicate or check his mirrors.

We swapped details and I carried on into work. Now I'm home I feel a bit achey. I'm very pragmatic about it all. It could've been worse, but it wasn't. Just some shit that happened......

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Re: I crashed

Post by sullivj on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 7:34 pm

Glad to hear that it wasn't worse mate.

Another war wound to improve the look of little donkey.
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 7:36 pm

I did same thing years ago with ridgit truck turning right, he used no indicators, my shoulder took windcover off corner of cab  but he cliped my rear tyre  sending  me into major tank slapper and what i do shut power off, when i should kept it on, spat me off,(and my luck was in my best pair gloves were robbed week before) so i had crap pair of gloves on, broke wrist ,bones in hand,  two knuckles and two fingers thank ur self lucky mate.
badseeds

Awesome!

Post by badseeds on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 7:43 pm

sullivj wrote:Glad to hear that it wasn't worse mate.

Donkey suffered a few more scratches (it call it patina) and a busted indicator. It got off lately!
badseeds

Awesome!

Post by badseeds on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 7:44 pm

wornsprokets wrote:.... my best pair gloves were robbed week before....

Oh man. Just just fuggin' sod's law. Did his insurance cough up? Broken wrists takes ages to heal, too. I hope it wasn't your arse-wiping hand!
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 7:55 pm

badseeds wrote:
sullivj wrote:Glad to hear that it wasn't worse mate.

Donkey suffered a few more scratches (it call it patina) and a busted indicator. It got off lately!

Sorry to hear that mate and glad you're ok - well on a whole.... I remember waking up the day after mine and knowing exactly where the expression 'i feel like I've been hit by a car' came from!

Is it the CBR125 indicator that busted as I have a pair sitting up in the loft waiting for a good home.
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 8:04 pm

i,ye it could have been a whole lot worse you could have had a ride in an ambulance and be sitting in a hospital bed right now Shocked
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 8:10 pm

Yep,I am left handed, and of course  it was my left hand,  3 pins in wrist two pins one in knuckle and other in hand ,4 months out of work,  bike was fine as it was an motorcross enduro type road bike just couple of scratches . My aunts a lawyer practice she said i wouldnt win, only t.p in those days had to put it down to experience. It was slim pickings for while least i didnt loose my job. Shoei took some smack i hit road landing on hand then helmet slid 20feet so i am told. Massive gouge in chin couldnt recommend shoei enough. Could been worse  i also missed oak tree and stone wall. Neither of us claimed.

muttley1
the 900
the 900

Post by muttley1 on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 8:40 pm

Glad you are ok, as you say, some shit happened. Easy to think we'd do it different next time but sometimes stuff happens because it does.

muttley1
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 8:45 pm

Glad you managed to walk away relatively unharmed though from experience I bet you're gonna be feeling it tomorrow.

How you were supposed to know he was turning into a school entrance without indicating is beond me. It's not like you were overtaking past a junction.
badseeds

Awesome!

Post by badseeds on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 9:31 pm

jerryfudd wrote:Is it the CBR125 indicator that busted as I have a pair sitting up in the loft waiting for a good home.

Yes it is. I lost a rear several months back after it basically fell apart. I replaced it with a Hornet one. The mismatch didn't really worry me; I reckon it would cause Sully sleepless nights and hyperventilation!

badseeds

Awesome!

Post by badseeds on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 9:35 pm

skyrider wrote:i,ye it could have been a whole lot worse you could have had a ride in an ambulance and be sitting in a hospital bed right now Shocked

Exactly!
burning_rubber
Two Tone
Two Tone

Post by burning_rubber on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 9:35 pm

Glad your ok fella sounds nasty... I did some think like that it went 50/50 as he didnt look in his mirror and I didn't see the indicator.
badseeds

Awesome!

Post by badseeds on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 9:46 pm

ashcroc wrote:Glad you managed to walk away relatively unharmed though from experience I bet you're gonna be feeling it tomorrow.

How you were supposed to know he was turning into a school entrance without indicating is beond me.  It's not like you were overtaking past a junction.

Well.... When I spoke to my insurance company* I said that it was six of one and half-a-dozen of the other, but you're right; a school entrance aint like a 'normal' junction.

*the insurance conversation (38 minutes!) was a right palaver.... I'd made it clear, right from the outset, that I had no intention of making a claim. The call was merely for information purposes, but they were trying to arrange a courtesy bike and have their engineer look at mine. I said, "my bike's done over 120k miles and has suffered a couple of scratches. It's worth bugger all and it's going nowhere".
badseeds

Awesome!

Post by badseeds on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 9:49 pm

burning_rubber wrote:Glad your ok fella  sounds nasty... I did some think like that it went 50/50 as he didnt look in his mirror and I didn't see the indicator.

That's where this is headed, I reckon. He swore blind that he indicated, but I didn't see it and it wasn't flashing during the aftermath and information exchange.
badseeds

Awesome!

Post by badseeds on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 9:51 pm

muttley1 wrote:....Easy to think we'd do it different next time but sometimes stuff happens because it does.

muttley1

Damn straight. No point in crying about it*.

*easy to say when I'm riding a bike that's not only worth peanuts, but shook it off with minimal damage. If I'd been on a fancy superbike......
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 10:15 pm

badseeds wrote:

jerryfudd wrote:Is it the CBR125 indicator that busted as I have a pair sitting up in the loft waiting for a good home.

Yes it is. I lost a rear several months back after it basically fell apart. I replaced it with a Hornet one. The mismatch didn't really worry me; I reckon it would cause Sully sleepless nights and hyperventilation!

he could want to bell the Samaritans as well Shocked

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 10:20 pm

There is SO MUCH out of alignment in that photo, I don't know where to start!!!
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 10:22 pm

I take it you are not impressed sully Laughing
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 10:27 pm

badseeds wrote:
burning_rubber wrote:Glad your ok fella  sounds nasty... I did some think like that it went 50/50 as he didnt look in his mirror and I didn't see the indicator.

That's where this is headed, I reckon. He swore blind that he indicated, but I didn't see it and it wasn't flashing during the aftermath and information exchange.

I got taken out by someone turning and I stated to everyone that listened that she absolutely was indicating but it was decided that regardless she should have checked her mirrors before turning and despite at the time telling my insurers that it was 50/50 they deemed it completely her fault and she admitted liability.

(For those that don't know the reason I didn't see her indicating is that she was in a tiny little thing being tailgated by a Addison Lee people carrier that completely obscured her and also what she was actually concentrating on. I was in the bus lane where I'm allowed to be and pass traffic but the first indicator I saw was the one on the front wing with her horizontally across my lane. Hit the anchors as soon as I saw her and realising there was no chance I'd stop in time I also took the junction and we collided side on and sending me to the floor.)
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 10:30 pm

sullivj wrote:There is SO MUCH out of alignment in that photo, I don't know where to start!!!

sod the alignment..... one is orange and the other is amber lol Shocked
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Wed 16 Sep 2015, 12:17 am

Theres more to that crash i had( your probbably thinking i am making this up i am not) so i was on ground after comin to stop , this woman comes over starts trying take my helmet off as i am on ground, shoei had seat belt type strap yankin at it. I crashed very near work , a work mate  in comes over tells her to stop, he rings my dad who also works in same place, then driver of truck arrives starts giving me abuse,  and my dad heared him too, he had to be restrained trying to get to truck driver
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Wed 16 Sep 2015, 12:27 am

This put end to my commuting on bike to work for years until i got the cb in march, i love bikes i always have they can give u so much happness and can be so brutal at same time as anyone knows who puts on that helmet. There was bike book few years back called" beautiful danger "sums it up really. Hospital didnt do great job on my wrist n hand , guess thats an other story Smile
Not helped by anti bike nurse
cbeebies
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by cbeebies on Wed 16 Sep 2015, 8:37 am

You could dispute this, google Hillman v Tompkins (1995) or Pell v Moseley (2003).  The van driver should have used his mirror before turning! If he did and didnt see you, its negligence!

Both these cases were settled 50/50.
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Post by teamster1975 on Wed 16 Sep 2015, 10:26 am

Mate! Thank christ you walked away from it, shit happened but thankfully not too deep a pile.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 19 Oct 2017, 6:20 am