You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

The new guy!

SAMGALBRAITH

The new guy!

Post by SAMGALBRAITH on Mon 14 Sep 2015, 9:02 am

Hi ladies and gentlemen Very Happy my names Sam and im a new member to this forum. Im from sunny Scotland Rolling Eyes. I ride a cbr500r as my main bike and the mrs has a cb500!  After having a good few rides of her bike I decided to purchase a 2000 cb500s for myself. For 350 quid you cant grumble!! My intention is to use it as a winter bike and get it on track when the sunny days return next year  Cool only problem is the righthand fork has been attacked by a screwdriver and hammer by a previous owner resulting in it leaking oil everywhere after I just changed the seals..bummer eh!! If anyone could help me out and point me in the direction of a set it would be appreciated Very Happy.
Thats all from me, I look forward to being part of this forum and expect to pick up some helpful tips and tricks from you guys. 
Stay safe
Sam   
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Re: The new guy!

Post by teamster1975 on Mon 14 Sep 2015, 12:55 pm

Welcome Sam! Very Happy
Some people are right butchers when it comes to mechanics, I hope that's all you find that's been mutilated!
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Mon 14 Sep 2015, 2:50 pm

Welcome.
Depending on how far butchered your forks are you could try araldite over the damage to get a smoth surface. It's worked for others.

Short of finding a pukka set on the bay at a reasonable price you're really restricted to either getting brand new stanchions or having your current ones re-chromed at somewhere like pitted forks. There was a thread recently that mentioned a couple of other hard chromers.
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Mon 14 Sep 2015, 8:00 pm

hi sam and welcome you will get all good info on this site Smile and good luck with the forks
Alvi
Running out of unique names
Running out of unique names

Post by Alvi on Mon 14 Sep 2015, 8:52 pm

Hi Sam, welcome along. Hope you get that fork tube sorted without too much expense.

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Mon 14 Sep 2015, 9:11 pm

Welcome.

Even with a few faults, you did well to get a runner for £350.
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Mon 14 Sep 2015, 11:09 pm

Welcome, great deal 350 pounds,  Smile
SAMGALBRAITH

Post by SAMGALBRAITH on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 9:15 am

Thanks for the welcome guys! Trying to upload a picture but it doesnt work. I have pasted the link from photobucket  and I shows my pic but won't post for some reason...
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Post by teamster1975 on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 12:19 pm

@SAMGALBRAITH wrote:Thanks for the welcome guys! Trying to upload a picture but it doesnt work. I have pasted the link from photobucket  and I shows my pic but won't post for some reason...

Are you copying the IMG link from Photobucket? That should just work!
Pop the link in a post here and I'll check the code.
SAMGALBRAITH

Post by SAMGALBRAITH on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 2:20 pm

The img link just keeps refreshing itself when I post it in the reply box on here, same with direct links :s I tryed spliting the img link up so you could put the 2 together and see if it worked for you. It wouldnt let me send that either
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 3:06 pm

Is the album you're trying to link to marked as private?
SAMGALBRAITH

Post by SAMGALBRAITH on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 4:43 pm

Nope, open for public viewing. It should be easy but its just not playing ball
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Post by teamster1975 on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 5:31 pm

@SAMGALBRAITH wrote:The img link just keeps refreshing itself when I post it in the reply box on here, same with direct links :s I tryed spliting the img link up so you could put the 2 together and see if it worked for you. It wouldnt let me send that either

Paste the link without the IMG tags, I can edit it for you.
You may find it easier to switch editor mode so you can see the tags, it's the last button in the reply toolbar.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 14 Aug 2018, 11:55 pm