You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

Hard suspension

muttley1
the 900
the 900

Hard suspension

Post by muttley1 on Sun 13 Sep 2015, 8:29 pm

Hi all,

I've hagons shocks fitted to my bike and they seem to be getting more solid, they are 10k old I'd estimate. Its now a hard ol' ride especially on backroads but the bike corners great on smoother roads and tracks well.
Anyone else noticed their hagons going solid and is there a fix? I fancy changing the springs to something softer, bit of spannering fun on a sidestand only bike thrown in.

cheers

muttley1
Celt500
Mothra the Radioactive
Mothra the Radioactive

Re: Hard suspension

Post by Celt500 on Mon 14 Sep 2015, 1:05 am

Funny you should mention that, I was going to ask if there's any maintenance you're supposed to do with them?
 Mine are about 5k miles in and I'm starting to find things a bit bumpy. 
Not sure if I've imagined it's worse than before? Also had a few little back-end slips recently but that might be coincidence.
As you say though, corners great all the same.
jchesshyre
the 900
the 900

Post by jchesshyre on Wed 16 Sep 2015, 11:15 am

I take it they're on the lowest preload setting?

muttley1
the 900
the 900

Post by muttley1 on Wed 16 Sep 2015, 2:23 pm

Yep, the things have 3 preloads, I use the lowest. Only affects ride height.

m1
Brillpaul
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by Brillpaul on Sat 16 Jun 2018, 4:41 pm

Mine has hagons on about 4K and failed MOT today as they were too solid. Front failed as well. Am I going to be bankrupt?
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Sat 16 Jun 2018, 8:17 pm

Hmm that's interesting... suggests that all the Hagons seem to get solid. I wander if they 'seize up'? Seems unlikely. Mine are also pretty hard though.

If I were in your position I would buy some of the (recommended by the forum) TEC shocks - https://shop.tecbikeparts.com/products/cb500-shocks
skyerae
Running out of unique names
Running out of unique names

Post by skyerae on Fri 29 Jun 2018, 6:17 am

Brillpaul, I suggest you overhaul your front shocks - I did mine and it was an easy enough job (although I did overhaul hydraulic rams for a short while in my varied career) It depends on what the front failed on, is it a standard setup on the front?
Brillpaul
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by Brillpaul on Sat 14 Jul 2018, 11:04 pm

Thanks, my rear hagons were seized so replaced with new hagons. I was lucky to get a good set of front forks on Enay and a local guy who sets up suspension for racing did all the work so she runs like a new bike......I may keep her until I'm 70 next year!!!! Yehaaaaa

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 14 Aug 2018, 2:16 pm