Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Wheel wobble ideas?

phorx999
Crotch Rocketuer
Crotch Rocketuer

Re: Wheel wobble ideas?

Post by phorx999 on Fri 18 Sep 2015, 10:47 am

i think it was over tightened by someone regreasing it which wore it out alot and there was a bit of rust between the bearings and carrier. notches where there but barely noticeable ans a clunk only arrived when i but the new tyres on (gone now) i genuinely changed it mostly because i was bored and got the idea it was buggered but i could have had more miles out it before it became a probem (and didn't know about the F@CKING lips). but as i said if you check it you have the bonus of checking 80% of the front end, although it an be alot of faffing around for very little result

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Sun 15 Nov 2015, 4:37 pm

Well, I still haven't solved this....

I checked the bar end weights, and they're fine.  Today, I swapped my front wheel and axle for Jerryfudds (thanks Dan!), and the problem still existed. So now I know it's not the front wheel.

I've narrowed it down too. It will only wobble between 43mph and 38mph, when decelerating.

Odd eh?????
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Sun 15 Nov 2015, 5:27 pm

Just a thought. Is it possible that any of the bolts holding the removable chassis tube are loose - or at least not fully torqued up ?
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Sun 15 Nov 2015, 5:31 pm

no problem...... I see you omitted from posting the pic from wheel spinning my bike in the mud after testing it didn't have the same issue Wink

all good and clean again now!

Dan

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Sun 15 Nov 2015, 5:54 pm

@Beresford wrote:Just a thought. Is it possible that any of the bolts holding the removable chassis tube are loose - or at least not fully torqued up ?

Well my attentions will now focus towards the rear end, so I'll start there - thanks.

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Sun 15 Nov 2015, 6:02 pm

@jerryfudd wrote:no problem...... I see you omitted from posting the pic from wheel spinning my bike in the mud after testing it didn't have the same issue Wink

all good and clean again now!

Dan

What, this one?!!

I thought it was about time your bike got mucky!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 22 Aug 2017, 6:32 am