You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

A bit of black!!!

Llewelyn1965
the 900
the 900

A bit of black!!!

Post by Llewelyn1965 on Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:08 pm

Just set some pictures in my album of the two bikes I bought. I bought the green one last year. Turned out to be a bit of a botched dog. When the fork seals went, I bought a stanchion to replace a damaged one. The supplier let me down. Carried on looking for another stanchion and ended up buying another bike, the blue one. Started to repair/replace bits on it then noticed the frame mounting lug on one side had broken on the engine. Started to swap parts over to the green one and began the stealth look. Still got bits to do, but getting there. The tank from the blue bike is on the green bike so I can spray the green one black (t was the best tank of the two). So I still have to spray the tank, foot peg hangers, fork legs, wheels and maybe the engine. I bought gold and silver site stickers but not sure which ones to use. May order a blue set as well as I might put some blue contrast bits on it (I have some flame gel stickers in blue?!?!?).
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Re: A bit of black!!!

Post by eternally_troubled on Thu 20 Aug 2015, 8:05 am

I never know the answer to these kinds of questions!  I do like your 'nearly black' bike though.

Jerryfudd has a thread on painting your engine black - if you really want to do it all over then you'll need to take it out of the frame.  The sides covers can be painted 'in situ' but you will need to be good/dilligent with masking and spraying to ensure you don't get any paint where you don't want it.

Good luck!

Current date/time is Fri 22 Jun 2018, 10:48 am