Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Clutch drag

Jameshambleton

Clutch drag

Post by Jameshambleton on Wed 19 Aug 2015, 6:04 pm

Hello all, as you can see by the title I'm having some problems with my clutch. I have put the bike on the main stand and put the back wheel in the air as I have done this I attempted to move the rear wheel with the clutch pulled in and it hardly wants to shift. I have tried slackening the clutch cable and making it as tight as possible and both do not appear to have any effect regardless of the position of the leaver. My bike is a '98 with a rear disc brake, I have put the bike into neutral and I have tried to rotate the wheel and it moves freely so that removes the possibility of a binding rear brake.
burning_rubber
Two Tone
Two Tone

Re: Clutch drag

Post by burning_rubber on Wed 19 Aug 2015, 8:00 pm

I some times get the same thing, I just leaver in in neutral... But mines ok when its warms up
ceejay
the 900
the 900

Post by ceejay on Thu 20 Aug 2015, 8:17 pm

I don't have a solution but mine is the same. I also noticed once when I started the bike cold on the centre stand the rear wheel would turn slowly in neutral. It's okay when it's warm. I believe there was a thread somewhere on here going into more detail on this, something to do with the clutch springs if I remember correctly?
jchesshyre
the 900
the 900

Post by jchesshyre on Thu 20 Aug 2015, 9:15 pm

Completely normal. It's caused by the viscosity of the cold oil. Stop worrying and ride your bike!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 22 Nov 2017, 8:13 pm