Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

[solved]Wanted fuel tank 1997

driftershooter
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

[solved]Wanted fuel tank 1997

Post by driftershooter on Tue 18 Aug 2015, 10:14 pm

Need a fuel tank urgently as mine is knackered. This colour scheme if possible. I am located in Llandudno, North Wales

Last edited by driftershooter on Wed 26 Aug 2015, 2:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Re: [solved]Wanted fuel tank 1997

Post by ashcroc on Wed 19 Aug 2015, 3:45 am

There are a few about on they bay at the mo.
cbeebies
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by cbeebies on Wed 19 Aug 2015, 7:38 am

I have a moody blue one. No dents or rust. Someone has their name on it at the mo but I'd the price for postage is too much ill message you.
driftershooter
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

Post by driftershooter on Wed 19 Aug 2015, 9:25 am

Ok, fingers crossed for me then, i'm a bit weary of ebay in case I get sent a rusty one
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Wed 19 Aug 2015, 9:41 am

ask a direct question to the seller (unless stated in the description) asking if it has any internal or external rust. If they reply no or it says it is free from rust you should be able to return it for a refund and probably even get your postage back as it contradicts the description given which is a massive no no on eBay.

If you do get something that isn't as per the description but still very much usable you can usually negotiate a pretty good discount as will be cheaper for them to knock money off then pay for its return and refund.

I bought my tank 'NOS' (new old stock) but came with signs of wear (rub marks from where knees and seat rest) but I was planning on respraying anyway so was no big deal and where as before the sale he absolutely wouldn't go lower than £90 - once I had it in my hands he knocked a further £20 off Smile

(and I'm sure you know but I believe the tanks are the same on all years - not sure about naked vs faired though - check Lings)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 22 Oct 2017, 6:20 pm