Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Alternative Pillion Pegs

jerryfudd

Awesome!

Alternative Pillion Pegs

Post by jerryfudd on Wed 12 Aug 2015, 12:24 pm

Hi,

Anyone know of any universal pillion pegs or ones off other bikes that fit?

I'm not keen on the look or cost of Honda ones..... any suggestions welcome as they'd just be aesthetic, not only do I have no intentions of carrying a pillion im not insured to either!

The bike doesn't have any on at the moment so popped on a single seat cowl to get it through the MOT - but didn't like the look on my bike so have since sold it but now need to get something sorted out for next years.

Dan
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Re: Alternative Pillion Pegs

Post by ashcroc on Wed 12 Aug 2015, 4:01 pm

I think cbr600 ones etc should fit. Being 100% metal they look a damn sight nicer & should be freely available on the bay.

I've seen universal aftermarket pegs from time to time where the fitting required for your bike(both front & rear) screws into the end of the peg. A search for 'honda footpeg' throws up several alternatives.
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Wed 12 Aug 2015, 4:15 pm

ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Wed 12 Aug 2015, 5:20 pm

They look about right but without trying I'm not 100%.

As for fitting, its a bad photo as the bits to the bottom right are for the rider pegs at the top & include the hero blobs. The pillion pegs mount onto the pin with the spring pushing the ball bearing onto the plate so the peg will stay in the upright position
trophydave
Godly
Godly

Post by trophydave on Wed 12 Aug 2015, 7:21 pm

I have got a set of gold anodised alloy footpegs that I took off my CB500 if you are interested.
Basil Moss
the 900
the 900

Post by Basil Moss on Thu 13 Aug 2015, 8:20 am

Why not carry passengers? It's fun to have some company. After I'd learned to ride I purposely didn't get pillion insurance, so I'd get confident riding before I was tempted to carry a passenger. When I changed my insurance a few months later (moving house) I added pillion cover, which made my insurance more expensive by a whole one pound stirling. Lots of these variables which can supposedly reduce your premium seem to make very little difference. I stopped declaring that I use a chain and disc lock, made no difference, and I seem to remember the difference between being covered for commuting or not being only a pound or so.
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Thu 13 Aug 2015, 9:14 am

I might add the cover on my next renewal for an emergency or such but still no convinced to actually do it.

Everyone that I know who would be inclined to get on a bike has one and unless I had a random call from Kelly Brook I wouldn't want anyone getting up close and personal on the back bar my wife or kids - they are too young and they have no appeal to my wife.

@trophydave: thanks for the offer but want something a little more subtle. what bike are they from and how is the fit as id be interested to see if I can get them in black.
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Thu 13 Aug 2015, 10:08 am

@jerryfudd wrote:<<>>my wife or kids - they are too young and they have no appeal to my wife.<<>>
I find that very hard to believe Razz

Although I don't use it, I have pillion cover on my insurance just in case I have the need. The seat's big enough to not get that personal!
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Tue 25 Aug 2015, 1:09 pm

these arrived today....

ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Tue 25 Aug 2015, 7:24 pm

That wasn't too bad a delivery time. Look forward to seeing if they fit.
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Tue 25 Aug 2015, 7:43 pm

.......they don't.

arse.
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Tue 25 Aug 2015, 10:39 pm

Damn, will have to keep looking.

At least you should be able to make your money back on the bay.
trophydave
Godly
Godly

Post by trophydave on Sun 30 Aug 2015, 12:39 pm

@jerryfudd wrote:
@trophydave: thanks for the offer but want something a little more subtle. what bike are they from and how is the fit as id be interested to see if I can get them in black.

Not sure of the make,but some Googling suggests that they are Bike it ones.They were on the CB when I bought it but are a bit blingy for an old fart like me.
shropshirewildman
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by shropshirewildman on Thu 10 Sep 2015, 6:44 pm

hi I got some similar ones off Ebay (plain aluminium) they were for a cbr600 and didn't fit, but with some filing and drilling etc. they now work and look grand. I had to file away some material from between the mounting holes and the inner end and enlarge the pivot holes and make new pivots but then I only paid about £5 for them so can't grumble.
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Thu 10 Sep 2015, 7:02 pm

interesting, were they actually cbr pillion pegs or ride pegs?
shropshirewildman
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by shropshirewildman on Sat 12 Sep 2015, 7:11 pm

cbr pillion pegs

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 22 Nov 2017, 2:49 pm