Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Here she is at last

Share
avatar
driftershooter
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

Posts : 43

Here she is at last

Post by driftershooter on Thu 30 Jul 2015, 10:05 pm



Mot'd and taxed but now the tank is on she wont run, ran fine without so i'm suspecting a venting problem some where !!! especially as the tank made a heavy sigh when I opened the fuel cap. I was so looking forward to a first ride to day but the bugger wouldn't rev, kept dying on me so just put it away and had a cup of tea ................... Sad
avatar
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!
Posts : 1507
Location : London

Re: Here she is at last

Post by ashcroc on Thu 30 Jul 2015, 10:11 pm

Could you have trapped one of the pipes putting the tank back on?
The hiss on opening the cap is usually a sign the breather hose is either blocked or trapped somewhere.
avatar
driftershooter
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

Posts : 43

Re: Here she is at last

Post by driftershooter on Thu 30 Jul 2015, 10:25 pm

which one of the two pipes is the breather, one outlet is smaller than the other and has snapped at the point, that pipe was blocked with the broken bit but no difference now its been cleaned out!!!
avatar
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Posts : 1138
Location : dublin

Re: Here she is at last

Post by wornsprokets on Fri 31 Jul 2015, 8:56 pm

Looks like a sweet cb, did you put on fork covers your self,
avatar
Jameshambleton
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 1680
Location : Bedale, North Yorkshire

Re: Here she is at last

Post by Jameshambleton on Fri 31 Jul 2015, 10:02 pm

She gooks dammm tidy, good looking bike. I've always liked those blue decals.
avatar
jerryfudd
Moderator
Moderator

Awesome!
Posts : 1744
Location : Surrey

Re: Here she is at last

Post by jerryfudd on Sat 01 Aug 2015, 12:03 pm

@driftershooter wrote:which one of the two pipes is the breather, one outlet is smaller than the other and has snapped at the point, that pipe was blocked with the broken bit but no difference now its been cleaned out!!!

iirc the smaller is the fuel overflow and the larger flows rain water that collects around the filler (if you open the cap you'll see the drain hole)

then of course coming off the fuel tap you have the main fuel line and the small vacuum line which attaches to the side of the inlet (which could be causing your issue?)

for testing you could just temporarily disconnect the two overflows to eliminate the hoses being the cause, try some washer nozzle hose to replace the vac line (also temporally) or even get a gravity fed carb setup mini tank which is about £20 but block the vac line on the inlet if you try this as coming off the tank is just a fuel line) to see if the problem isn't the tank at all.
avatar
jchesshyre
the 900
the 900

Posts : 616
Location : Chester

Re: Here she is at last

Post by jchesshyre on Sat 01 Aug 2015, 5:29 pm

Good work sir! This looks identical to my bike, except much, much cleaner. I have the stock indicators (I like their chunkiness), fork gaiters, and exactly the same colour scheme. Don't tell me you also have a Fuel exhaust...
avatar
driftershooter
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

Posts : 43

Re: Here she is at last

Post by driftershooter on Sat 01 Aug 2015, 7:53 pm

@wornsprokets wrote:Looks like a sweet cb, did you put on fork covers your self,


Hi yes very easy and quick to do
avatar
driftershooter
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

Posts : 43

Re: Here she is at last

Post by driftershooter on Sat 01 Aug 2015, 7:55 pm

@jchesshyre wrote:Good work sir! This looks identical to my bike, except much, much cleaner. I have the stock indicators (I like their chunkiness), fork gaiters, and exactly the same colour scheme. Don't tell me you also have a Fuel exhaust...


Haha wasn't clean when I got it, no original exhaust, had to rub it down and repaint it as scratched and dull
avatar
driftershooter
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

Posts : 43

Re: Here she is at last

Post by driftershooter on Sat 01 Aug 2015, 7:57 pm

@jerryfudd wrote:

@driftershooter wrote:which one of the two pipes is the breather, one outlet is smaller than the other and has snapped at the point, that pipe was blocked with the broken bit but no difference now its been cleaned out!!!



iirc the smaller is the fuel overflow and the larger flows rain water that collects around the filler (if you open the cap you'll see the drain hole)

then of course coming off the fuel tap you have the main fuel line and the small vacuum line which attaches to the side of the inlet (which could be causing your issue?)

for testing you could just temporarily disconnect the two overflows to eliminate the hoses being the cause, try some washer nozzle hose to replace the vac line (also temporally) or even get a gravity fed carb setup mini tank which is about £20 but block the vac line on the inlet if you try this as coming off the tank is just a fuel line) to see if the problem isn't the tank at all.


Thank you sir, my thoughts exactly before I take the carbs apart, thanks everyone for your imput
avatar
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Posts : 1729
Location : preston lancs

Re: Here she is at last

Post by skyrider on Sat 01 Aug 2015, 8:41 pm

what a neat machine and a good colour too and sensible extras
avatar
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Posts : 1729
Location : preston lancs

Re: Here she is at last

Post by skyrider on Sat 01 Aug 2015, 8:44 pm

I want one same as Cool
avatar
spitonyourgrave22
Admin
Admin

Posts : 436
Location : Sheffield, UK

Re: Here she is at last

Post by spitonyourgrave22 on Sun 02 Aug 2015, 12:45 pm

Wink  

dado_dassler
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Posts : 82

Re: Here she is at last

Post by dado_dassler on Sat 19 Dec 2015, 5:26 pm

could you provide a link for the fork covers?
now that i'm dismounting the front wheel i would like to equip mine with some.

muttley1
the 900
the 900

Posts : 739

Re: Here she is at last

Post by muttley1 on Sat 19 Dec 2015, 6:25 pm

Hi,
nice looking bike, bit cleaner than mine!

Ref the running then dying thing, I had this on a bike I got and you'll find one of the overflow pipes that exit near the swingarm/centrestand area has a bung in it. There are 2 pipes the same size and the plug could be in the wrong one, blocking the breather. This'd mean you get a carbs worth of petrol or so until the vacuum in the tank is used, then the bike will stop. The sighing noise when you open the tank is a giveaway.
If you take the bung out the pipe should have a small amount of oily gunk in it, if not, its in the wrong hole and you can buy me a pint sometime.

atb

muttley1

Sponsored content

Re: Here she is at last

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Tue 27 Jun 2017, 4:58 am