Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Hel break lines

Jameshambleton

Hel break lines

Post by Jameshambleton on Mon 27 Jul 2015, 11:29 pm

Does anyone here have a front or rear HEL braided hose that they'd be willing to sell?
davecb5002
Rossi
Rossi

Re: Hel break lines

Post by davecb5002 on Tue 28 Jul 2015, 7:54 pm

I have got a Goodridge front braided hose, that any good ?? Very Happy
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Tue 28 Jul 2015, 10:27 pm

davecb5002 wrote:I have got a Goodridge front braided hose, that any good ?? Very Happy

I've never heard of that brand of hose before. I'll have to look into them before I make a decision on that one.
trophydave
Godly
Godly

Post by trophydave on Wed 29 Jul 2015, 10:18 pm

I bought some HEL hoses for an Africa Twin once and they were so long that they reached the floor.If you do get some check the length.
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Thu 30 Jul 2015, 8:26 am

Jameshambleton wrote:
davecb5002 wrote:I have got a Goodridge front braided hose, that any good ?? Very Happy

I've never heard of that brand of hose before. I'll have to look into them before I make a decision on that one.
I've used goodridge lines on a couple of bikes. They're decent kit from a company with a long race heritage & they come OEM on a fair few bikes that have braided lines as standard. I'd advise new banjo washers or at the very least annealing the old ones (heat to cherry red then quench in cold water) to get their shape back.
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Thu 30 Jul 2015, 1:07 pm

Ive goodridge on my fireblade for at least 5yrs there good brake hoses
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Thu 30 Jul 2015, 5:49 pm

Good ridge and Aeroquip are actual manufacturers. Hel is a marketing organisation that assembles finished hoses using Aeroquip materials I believe.
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Thu 30 Jul 2015, 6:04 pm

I've got HEL on mine and the front is fine, rear is just a tad too long but no big whoop...... price on them new is pretty good also iirc they are allot cheaper than Goodridge or Venhill think I paid £25each.

I did some research when I first looked who to buy from them from and heard good things from all 3 and most people said just go for the cheapest.

The only thing they did agree on is that Goodridges customer service is apparently pretty bad. Venhill were a tad off on the phone aswell which made me even happier about going to HEL.
arrison
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by arrison on Thu 30 Jul 2015, 8:58 pm

Ive got Cobra hoses on mine, the paperwork that came with them said they manufacture their hoses under licence to Hel and they rebrand them. Same product, but the Cobras are a fiver cheaper
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Thu 30 Jul 2015, 10:22 pm

It's not unusual for good bike shops to stock the components from whoever, and to make up the hoses for you. Or 'Wezmoto' on eBay - £39.95 for the set.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 18 Oct 2017, 5:44 pm