You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

Hello from Lydd

chickenchaser
Squiddy
Squiddy

Hello from Lydd

Post by chickenchaser on Mon 20 Jul 2015, 4:18 pm

Hello everyone, i have joined this forum briefly whilst i try to sort out my dads bike, so far i have found it to be very useful and i will be recommending that he joins as well.
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Re: Hello from Lydd

Post by teamster1975 on Mon 20 Jul 2015, 5:15 pm

Welcome to you! Very Happy
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Tue 21 Jul 2015, 1:14 pm

Hello!

Good idea joining up, we might even be able to help Wink  What CB500 has your dad got?  Do you have a bike?  You could post some photos...
chickenchaser
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by chickenchaser on Tue 21 Jul 2015, 9:12 pm

Thanks for the welcome.
I'm not sure what the model is but its got a fairing and disc rear with brembo calipers.
I have several bikes myself, mostly in differing states of disrepair but the most useable are a triumph 900 sprint sport, yamaha thundercat and the misses yamaha diversion.
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Tue 21 Jul 2015, 9:59 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum, you can tell what version your bike is from the vin it should be something like xDCPC32A0(letter here is the year model)  R =94-95, T = 96, V=97, W =98, 99=W, 00-03=Y. 
Another way of telling (not precise though, you'll see in a minute) if you remove the rear cowl on the right side of the bike the loom runs along that side. On the loom there will be a year written on it, it's isn't precise since the loom can be changed but it's another way of telling.
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Wed 22 Jul 2015, 7:43 am

Welcome.

The easiest way I've found to find the precise model is putting the reg number into the Lings website & letting their database tell you.
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Wed 22 Jul 2015, 8:06 am

Nice to have you aboard Smile

The easiest way I've found to find the precise model is to open the seat and look at the sticker on the rearwheel mudguard that says I have a CB500Y.
Like this:

Your bike may not have this sticker though, meaning the safest way is to look at the VIN, like @Jameshambleton explained.

@Jameshambleton: Neat. I didn't know those things. The VIN seems to be the most secure way of figuring out what bike year you're looking at. Good to know.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 14 Aug 2018, 11:56 pm