Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Slosh

driftershooter
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

Slosh

Post by driftershooter on Mon 06 Jul 2015, 5:28 pm

Hi all, just done the first part of sealing my tank with the cleaning fluid and some stones. The tank needs to dry for the recommended time of 5 days. The question is, do I cover the tank or not? If I don't cover it won't rust form again? Probably a daft question? The stones I put in are blinking hard to get out now so left them in whilst its drying! Any advice welcome cheers
Tricky.
the 900
the 900

Re: Slosh

Post by Tricky. on Mon 06 Jul 2015, 5:32 pm

it wont dry properly with the stones still in it.
Tricky.
the 900
the 900

Post by Tricky. on Mon 06 Jul 2015, 5:33 pm

and put it in a warm dry place, an airing cupboard/hot water tank cupboard.
driftershooter
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

Post by driftershooter on Mon 06 Jul 2015, 8:06 pm

ok thanks Very Happy
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Wed 08 Jul 2015, 1:41 pm

Good advice that. I was going to say something similar, but Tricky got there first.
badseeds

Awesome!

Post by badseeds on Thu 09 Jul 2015, 10:32 pm

If you're using actual Slosh DON'T put the tank in an airing cupboard/warm place - this sets off in a cool/damp atmosphere. Your garage/shed will do. I used to sell this stuff.....
Tricky.
the 900
the 900

Post by Tricky. on Fri 10 Jul 2015, 5:14 pm

@badseeds wrote:If you're using actual Slosh DON'T put the tank in an airing cupboard/warm place - this sets off in a cool/damp atmosphere. Your garage/shed will do. I used to sell this stuff.....

^ im not questioning you, but my advice came from someone that had in their instructions to "Place the tank in a warm 70-90 oF place and allow to cure for 24-36 hours". its worked for them.
badseeds

Awesome!

Post by badseeds on Fri 10 Jul 2015, 5:23 pm

And this was Slosh? From Rustbuster? If so, that contradicts the instructions from Rustbuster that I used to supply with the tins and what we told customers on the phone..... If it worked, then I have no reason to argue
driftershooter
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

Post by driftershooter on Wed 15 Jul 2015, 10:15 pm

Yes I read the instructions so the tank went back in the garage to cure instead of the airing cupboard, damn good stuff. Took me bloody ages and a lot of shaking to get them stones out of the tank due to that lip on the inside edge of the fuel cap hole, it will be nuts and bolts next time and I will use a bloody magnet to get them out, cheers!!!!!
Should be dry in about four days, whoopy do do Very Happy
trevor2110
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by trevor2110 on Fri 17 Jul 2015, 2:18 pm

Planning to put Slosh in my tank during my holiday next month.
Just wondering, do I need to somehow block off drain and overflow pipes? No mention of that on Slosh website. Maybe use nails or wire? Also, asume you have to take fuel tap off?
Cheers, 
Trev
badseeds

Awesome!

Post by badseeds on Fri 17 Jul 2015, 2:52 pm

Take the fuel tap off. Don't block any holes! You want air circulating round the inside.
trevor2110
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by trevor2110 on Fri 17 Jul 2015, 3:29 pm

Ok, thanks, will take fuel tap off. Was thinking that the Slosh might bung uo the narrow drain/overfow?
Cheers,
Trev
badseeds

Awesome!

Post by badseeds on Fri 17 Jul 2015, 3:35 pm

Yeah, that's a good idea as the viscosity of Slosh may well see that blocked up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 18 Nov 2017, 8:36 am