Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Honda regulator rectifiers

wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Honda regulator rectifiers

Post by wornsprokets on Wed 01 Jul 2015, 7:51 pm

What is story with honda regulator rectifiers on 90s hondas, so ive been doing 600 mile wks at mo,  so 60 miles to work no probs( did notice in morning bit of struggle to start) so went to go home and just about started 60 miles home, so got home no probs ,turned bike off and turned on wouldnt start battery flat. So checked stator and fine and bought couple months ago battery, the regulator rectfier has failed it was so hot couldnt touch it, ive had problems with my fireblade too with regulator rectifier before, who ever designed it i like to kick them in...
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Re: Honda regulator rectifiers

Post by ashcroc on Wed 01 Jul 2015, 8:27 pm

@davebike500 wrote:Yes indeed   the location f Cb500 and many other Honda rec/reg unit leaves much to be desired

The footrest hanger option ins not pretty but sure keep it cooler
I seen numerous VFR750 and VFR800 with computer 12v fans on the rec/reg
*post from this thread
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Thu 02 Jul 2015, 6:30 am

my father in law had one of the older style CB rectifier (unlike mine his had no fins on it) so he is now using one off my old CBF600 (2007) as well as doing a mod that he saw in practical sports bike about re-wiring and earthing to improve the feed.
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Thu 02 Jul 2015, 1:22 pm

When you buy a replacement you need to make sure you get the one with the fins on.

As mentioned, if you really want a 100% bomb proof solution then either

i) fit a small fan to it

or

ii) move it out from under the side cover to somewhere it can get some more cool air

Good luck!
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Thu 02 Jul 2015, 1:29 pm

pardon the pun but that'd be a cool mod..... to adapt that plastic cover so it scooped and angled air onto the rectifier

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 26 Jul 2017, 7:36 am