You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

Stickers

Share
avatar
steady Eddy
the 800
the 800

Posts : 268
Location : Ellesmere Port

Re: Stickers

Post by steady Eddy on Thu 25 Jun 2015, 3:12 pm

@eternally_troubled wrote:
When I get bored of the arguing I'll either give up or go and order some stickers Smile

Dont give up, just go ahead and do it so that we can put something back into the site whether we like the "sticker" or not!
avatar
Llewelyn1965
the 900
the 900

Posts : 349
Location : Swansea

Re: Stickers

Post by Llewelyn1965 on Thu 25 Jun 2015, 4:35 pm

Sounds good to me. I prefer the vinyl too, as that way you don't get a clash of colours from the sticker to your paint job. The silver lettering would go with just about all colours I think.
avatar
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Posts : 1313
Location : dublin

Re: Stickers

Post by wornsprokets on Thu 25 Jun 2015, 11:45 pm

Yes i buy one, i have to clean swing arm first tongue,
avatar
badseeds
Moderator
Moderator

Awesome!
Posts : 1792
Location : Beccles, Suffolk

Re: Stickers

Post by badseeds on Fri 26 Jun 2015, 12:05 am

@stormbringer wrote:Front: Transparent carrier holding cut out individual letters. Back: Protective layer to be discarded prior to application.


I have them stickers! Very Happy

avatar
badseeds
Moderator
Moderator

Awesome!
Posts : 1792
Location : Beccles, Suffolk

Re: Stickers

Post by badseeds on Fri 26 Jun 2015, 12:10 am

@wornsprokets wrote:Yes i buy one, i have to clean swing arm first tongue,

Me too. However, I think I'd prefer a more stylised font. Like summat off the original decals.



I just think it'd look more serious. Besides, I do know a thing or two about stickers....
avatar
badseeds
Moderator
Moderator

Awesome!
Posts : 1792
Location : Beccles, Suffolk

Re: Stickers

Post by badseeds on Fri 26 Jun 2015, 12:13 am

The Brazilian guys even have their own merchandise.

avatar
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!
Posts : 1505
Location : London

Re: Stickers

Post by ashcroc on Fri 26 Jun 2015, 12:16 am

@badseeds wrote:

@wornsprokets wrote:Yes i buy one, i have to clean swing arm first tongue,



Me too. However, I think I'd prefer a more stylised font. Like summat off the original decals.



I just think it'd look more serious. Besides, I do know a thing or two about stickers....

Something like the orginals with the line through the 500 would be perfect.
avatar
badseeds
Moderator
Moderator

Awesome!
Posts : 1792
Location : Beccles, Suffolk

Re: Stickers

Post by badseeds on Fri 26 Jun 2015, 12:19 am

He's right, y'know! Thanks man.
avatar
stormbringer
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 1254
Location : Aarhus, Denmark

Re: Stickers

Post by stormbringer on Fri 26 Jun 2015, 6:28 am

@badseeds wrote:I have them stickers! Very Happy

Hehe - no coincidence. Vinyl cut letters; yours went into two separate lines. Try that with a sticker...

ET: You got it right. Choose a suitable font and give it a go. Silver/grey vinyl cut lettering 'cb500club.net'

I'm in!


And then the inevitable afterthought...
The text itself refers to a website. It has happened - for big and small companies/organisations - that their domain name got messed up. Missing payments, hacks, that sort. What if we come into this unfortunate situation? That would render all those nice 'cb500club.net' texts stuck to people's bikes somewhat out of fashion.
Just sayin'...

Look at the text on Badseeds' (and mine) stickers - they are deliberately not referring to the domain for that very reason.
avatar
stormbringer
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 1254
Location : Aarhus, Denmark

Re: Stickers

Post by stormbringer on Fri 26 Jun 2015, 6:37 am

@eternally_troubled wrote:
@stormbringer wrote:Which brings us to mugs, caps, Tshirts, ballpens, keyrings and whatnot...
I'm glad I know you're joking, or at least, willing to organise that yourself Wink
Would anyone like to buy CB500club mugs? Unlike Tshirts, mugs are onesize, meaning less fuss. Also, people tend to hold on to them longer than eg ballpens.


I'm thinking "One side: Club logo. Other side: "You can still be an arse on a CB500, it just takes a bit more commitment!"

Alternatively "Chrome won't bring you home!" or something similar... I'm open to suggestions Smile
avatar
jerryfudd
Moderator
Moderator

Awesome!
Posts : 1744
Location : Surrey

Re: Stickers

Post by jerryfudd on Fri 26 Jun 2015, 6:55 am

I wouldn't really want my username on my bike (I overtake quite a bit and still like a little anonymity) and having a sticker that says 'CB500 Club' conveys a notion that there is such a thing but with less detail of providing information on where it is and speaking of unlikely events what if another club is setup? or viewers join the Brazilian Facebook forum instead?

If we did loose the domain name just pull off and replace the rather inexpensive vinyl......
avatar
jerryfudd
Moderator
Moderator

Awesome!
Posts : 1744
Location : Surrey

Re: Stickers

Post by jerryfudd on Fri 26 Jun 2015, 7:13 am

...sullivj already has a personalised 'CB500 Tango' mug - I got one made for him last year as a birthday present Smile

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Posts : 2142
Location : Gatwick

Re: Stickers

Post by sullivj on Fri 26 Jun 2015, 7:42 am

Indeed I do. It is a thing of beauty. I will photo it later..
avatar
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!
Posts : 1505
Location : London

Re: Stickers

Post by ashcroc on Fri 26 Jun 2015, 7:58 am

@stormbringer wrote:......
And then the inevitable afterthought...
The text itself refers to a website. It has happened - for big and small companies/organisations - that their domain name got messed up. Missing payments, hacks, that sort. What if we come into this unfortunate situation? That would render all those nice 'cb500club.net' texts stuck to people's bikes somewhat out of fashion.
Just sayin'...

Look at the text on Badseeds' (and mine) stickers - they are deliberately not referring to the domain for that very reason.

If that happens just remove the '.net' & bob's your uncle.
avatar
jerryfudd
Moderator
Moderator

Awesome!
Posts : 1744
Location : Surrey

Re: Stickers

Post by jerryfudd on Fri 26 Jun 2015, 8:47 am

@sullivj wrote:Indeed I do. It is a thing of beauty. I will photo it later..

two in fact...... I wasn't happy with the first one but gave them both.


@ashcroc wrote:

@stormbringer wrote:......
And then the inevitable afterthought...
The text itself refers to a website. It has happened - for big and small companies/organisations - that their domain name got messed up. Missing payments, hacks, that sort. What if we come into this unfortunate situation? That would render all those nice 'cb500club.net' texts stuck to people's bikes somewhat out of fashion.
Just sayin'...

Look at the text on Badseeds' (and mine) stickers - they are deliberately not referring to the domain for that very reason.



If that happens just remove the '.net' & bob's your uncle.

LOL cheers
avatar
stormbringer
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 1254
Location : Aarhus, Denmark

Re: Stickers

Post by stormbringer on Fri 26 Jun 2015, 9:00 am

@jerryfudd wrote:
If that happens just remove the '.net' & bob's your uncle.
LOL cheers
A true testament to "Don't overthink it!"

I rest my case.
avatar
badseeds
Moderator
Moderator

Awesome!
Posts : 1792
Location : Beccles, Suffolk

Re: Stickers

Post by badseeds on Fri 26 Jun 2015, 12:27 pm

"Live to ride. Ride to work".
avatar
jerryfudd
Moderator
Moderator

Awesome!
Posts : 1744
Location : Surrey

Re: Stickers

Post by jerryfudd on Fri 26 Jun 2015, 12:32 pm

i really do want to steal that slogan.....
avatar
badseeds
Moderator
Moderator

Awesome!
Posts : 1792
Location : Beccles, Suffolk

Re: Stickers

Post by badseeds on Fri 26 Jun 2015, 12:42 pm

I found it on a Honda Cub t-shirt, a knock off. But it perfectly describes the CB500s raison d'etre. I also like, "a bike is for life, not just for Sunday". A nod to the bike's workmanlike, utilitarian values,
besides, we've all embarrassed Sunday riders - the CB500 loves it!
avatar
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!
Posts : 3787
Location : 'ere be fens. (near Cambridge)

Re: Stickers

Post by eternally_troubled on Fri 26 Jun 2015, 1:23 pm

@ashcroc wrote:
@badseeds wrote:
@wornsprokets wrote:Yes i buy one, i have to clean swing arm first tongue,

Me too. However, I think I'd prefer a more stylised font. Like summat off the original decals.



I just think it'd look more serious. Besides, I do know a thing or two about stickers....

Something like the orginals with the line through the 500 would be perfect.

I would have to clean my swing-arm too Smile I had to before I applied the paper sticker that I made earlier in the week...

I'll try and make something that uses a blocky italic typeface with a line through the 500 - I can't guarantee that it will look right, but it might look better.
avatar
jerryfudd
Moderator
Moderator

Awesome!
Posts : 1744
Location : Surrey

Re: Stickers

Post by jerryfudd on Fri 26 Jun 2015, 1:30 pm

'borg9' font......?


or 'ARB 66 Neon Line JUN-37' Font which I quite like



I just an image seach for ' 80's font with line through '
avatar
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Posts : 1487
Location : not that far from Kirkistown

Re: Stickers

Post by Beresford on Fri 26 Jun 2015, 3:51 pm

How about something sun, sand and rock-n'-roll ?

avatar
jerryfudd
Moderator
Moderator

Awesome!
Posts : 1744
Location : Surrey

Re: Stickers

Post by jerryfudd on Fri 26 Jun 2015, 3:54 pm

personally...... for me......... Rolling Eyes

(that's a no lol)
avatar
jerryfudd
Moderator
Moderator

Awesome!
Posts : 1744
Location : Surrey

Re: Stickers

Post by jerryfudd on Fri 26 Jun 2015, 4:24 pm

here are the two I mentioned......



avatar
badseeds
Moderator
Moderator

Awesome!
Posts : 1792
Location : Beccles, Suffolk

Re: Stickers

Post by badseeds on Fri 26 Jun 2015, 4:27 pm

The second one.

Sponsored content

Re: Stickers

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Sat 24 Feb 2018, 9:27 pm