You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

Stickers

jerryfudd

Awesome!

Re: Stickers

Post by jerryfudd on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 10:30 pm

will have a go tomorrow if no one else has but will probably be easier for E.T with the original file.

quite close but would be really good if we could get something sorted for the run down to Beaulieu on the 12th Very Happy
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 10:49 pm

@jerryfudd wrote:will have a go tomorrow if no one else has but will probably be easier for E.T with the original file.

quite close but would be really good if we could get something sorted for the run down to Beaulieu on the 12th :D

I'll have a go tomorrow. 

To be clear about what people want me to (try and) do:

Same design as I did initially, but just silver on black and big, like jerryfud's example above?

I think the 12th may be optimistic, but we will see.
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Wed 24 Jun 2015, 6:12 am

Great idea!

I'd go for a very simple version with letters cut-out - no two-tone or anything.

Choice of font?

Here's another idea: In stead of buying a big stack of stickers, storing them and messing with distribution - why not leave that to the manufacturer? I've just checked www.stickers.dk and they do just that. We give 'em the logo design and then they will handle everything. Want another sticker? Go to stickers.dk, the 'club logos' section, click on our logo, select how many you want and hey presto, your stickers are in the mail. They even allow for choice of colour and size. Big logo in your personal choice of colour for fairing, medium for swinging arm and tiny for the number plate is possible. And no hassles for any of us.

Contributions to the forum would then be a separate thing.

Link to 'Club logo' section on stickers.dk:
http://www.stickers.dk/products/productlist.aspx?MenuItemID=34

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Wed 24 Jun 2015, 6:24 am

@jerryfudd wrote:
sullivj going non-OE decals? next we'll be putting rim strips on Tango Wink

I said I'd buy one.. I didn't say I'd stick it on Tango Wink
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Wed 24 Jun 2015, 6:57 am

@eternally_troubled wrote:
@jerryfudd wrote:... easier for E.T with the original file.
same design as I did initially, but just silver on black and big, like jerryfud's example above?

ET, I'd simply be interested in the design. Then I'd take it from there myself, working with stickers.dk.

Delivery timing? Provided the stickers.dk people are setup with proper data, delivery will be 'as fast as the mail can do', meaning sometime the day after tomorrow (+ time for DK->UK added)

Would sharing the design be possible? Any copyright/left issues?
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Wed 24 Jun 2015, 9:04 am

ok, so I'm not great at this and didn't help that I had to doctor the original logo but had a go....

eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Wed 24 Jun 2015, 1:14 pm

@stormbringer wrote:

@eternally_troubled wrote:

@jerryfudd wrote:... easier for E.T with the original file.

same design as I did initially, but just silver on black and big, like jerryfud's example above?

ET, I'd simply be interested in the design. Then I'd take it from there myself, working with stickers.dk.

Delivery timing? Provided the stickers.dk people are setup with proper data, delivery will be 'as fast as the mail can do', meaning sometime the day after tomorrow (+ time for DK->UK added)

Would sharing the design be possible? Any copyright/left issues?

No issues at all I only made them to start the ball rolling, they should be here...

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9gU4BwkcV8pfnRvY1V2dE5GdG5pWnBTVUg1WVkta1VxajgtVzNNS1p5eUJncV9MV3hfRG8&usp=sharing

You'll need to download them.  I made them (quickly, v badly!) using inkscape.  As you probably know SVG is a vector format so you should be able to scale them as you want.

You can download the quite nasty free font from here if you need it:

http://www-ru.azfonts.net/fonts/b8a989efa0a717f5d9f254c70e2cb2c6

It comes out a bit 'squashed' by standard so I 'squared it up' a bit by transforming the text, but other than that it is all used as is.

From my quick investigation into stickers I think that getting ones printed that have silver on might be a little expensive, plus all the places that did custom vinyl cutting seemed also expensive, so the 'right' grey might be better from a cost perspective.

Had a quick look at stickers.dk link and yes, I can see the advantage of everyone ordering them from the manufacturer.  The problems with this (as far as I can see) are

1. Cost - unless you buy in bulk (like hundreds of stickers) then the cost can come out quite expensive.  If everyone is buying individually we will all be paying the '1 sticker' price, rather than the 1-out-of-250 sticker price.

2. Language - do stickers.dk have an english site?  I couldn't see one.  I fear that for most of us our Danish isn't as good as your English :)
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Wed 24 Jun 2015, 1:32 pm

I thought the idea was that someone would have the stickers printed probably costing about £2-5ea and then sell them to members at a inflated profit say £10 with the proceeds going to the site.

I don't mind paying for a over priced sticker for the good of the forum to put it in a place easily recognised among members as being part of the club, contributing to the cause and a bit of promotion to boot but not so keen on getting my own printed or buying direct from an approved supplier just to put the site address on my bike.
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Wed 24 Jun 2015, 1:45 pm

Just did this for reference:

I used the grey-only one...

and the other one:

Last edited by eternally_troubled on Wed 24 Jun 2015, 1:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Wed 24 Jun 2015, 1:48 pm

@jerryfudd wrote:I thought the idea was that someone would have the stickers printed probably costing about £2-5ea and then sell them to members at a inflated profit say £10 with the proceeds going to the site.

I wasn't even think of that much... I suspect that a quid or two extra from each person that buys the sticker would be enough to keep the site rolling ad-free for long enough.

TBH when I was thinking of smaller stickers, I though that if I managed to find somewhere to do them cheap enough then I might just get people to send me an stamped, addressed envelope and fire one back to them in the post...
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Wed 24 Jun 2015, 1:54 pm

sticker sheet maybe? one large one for swing arm and two smaller or a couple at different sizes? then pick as desired.

I don't mind a higher cost to support the site as it's not as if we'd be coming back every year to buy more...
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Wed 24 Jun 2015, 2:16 pm

@eternally_troubled wrote:As you probably know SVG is a vector format so you should be able to scale them as you want.

From my quick investigation into stickers I think that getting ones printed that have silver on might be a little expensive, plus all the places that did custom vinyl cutting seemed also expensive, so the 'right' grey might be better from a cost perspective.

Had a quick look at stickers.dk

1. Cost
2. Language
Scalable graphics. Spot on. That would have been my next question Smile

Custom vinyl cutting. This is exactly what stickers.dk does. Individual letters on a transparent 'carrier' ready to apply on eg your swinging arm. I've got a sample at home - photos when I get home from work...

Cost: Does 4£ per sticker sound excessive? And there's a discount on bulk orders, but then we'd have to handle distribution ourselves. Added cost there.
Language: Find a company like stickers.dk situated in the UK. Job done. Not rocket-science to produce them; it turns out it's a one-man-company...
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Wed 24 Jun 2015, 2:20 pm

@eternally_troubled wrote:TBH when I was thinking of smaller stickers, I though that if I managed to find somewhere to do them cheap enough then I might just get people to send me an stamped, addressed envelope and fire one back to them in the post...

- and then the whole thing snowballed on you Smile

Which brings us to mugs, caps, Tshirts, ballpens, keyrings and whatnot...
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Thu 25 Jun 2015, 6:26 am

@stormbringer wrote:...photos when I get home from work...

Front: Transparent carrier holding cut out individual letters. Back: Protective layer to be discarded prior to application.

Basil Moss
the 900
the 900

Post by Basil Moss on Thu 25 Jun 2015, 7:27 am

I'd pay for a sticker, what a great idea!
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Thu 25 Jun 2015, 12:41 pm

@stormbringer wrote:
@eternally_troubled wrote:TBH when I was thinking of smaller stickers, I though that if I managed to find somewhere to do them cheap enough then I might just get people to send me an stamped, addressed envelope and fire one back to them in the post...

- and then the whole thing snowballed on you :)

Which brings us to mugs, caps, Tshirts, ballpens, keyrings and whatnot...

I'm glad I know you're joking, or at least, willing to organise that yourself ;)
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Thu 25 Jun 2015, 12:42 pm

Which made me think:

we really don't want a sticker war, like an oil thread, only worse (more sticky!).
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Thu 25 Jun 2015, 12:44 pm

.....I think one sticker, design and colour provided by the club for a price and anything else make it yourself otherwise it will be a nightmare and nothing will get done (from what I'm told - again)
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Thu 25 Jun 2015, 1:30 pm

@jerryfudd wrote:.....I think one sticker, design and colour provided by the club for a price and anything else make it yourself otherwise it will be a nightmare and nothing will get done (from what I'm told - again)

I can only agree with this Smile  

To that end we need to decide on some things.

So far I think the (broad) questions are:

1. What colour?
2. What size?
3. What type?
4. What design?

So far I think the answers (from this thread) are:

1. Silver

2. About 150 - 200 mm x 30 - 40 mm so able to fit and be obvious on the swing arm.

3. There might have been a preference for vinyl cut letters over a sticker?  Note vinyl letters do not have any 'background' colour, so whatever you stick them on will be the background to the letters.

4. As for the design, it will be the word 'cb500club.net' rendered in some suitably available/aesthetically pleasing typeface which we can make a final decision on later.

So, if you think I'm wrong about this then say how and why and what I should change.  If you think I'm right then also say.  

When I get bored of the arguing I'll either give up or go and order some stickers Smile

Last edited by eternally_troubled on Thu 25 Jun 2015, 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Thu 25 Jun 2015, 1:35 pm

works for me but I'll go with the majority
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Post by teamster1975 on Thu 25 Jun 2015, 1:37 pm

That all looks good to me ET Smile
Alvi
Running out of unique names
Running out of unique names

Post by Alvi on Thu 25 Jun 2015, 1:57 pm

@jerryfudd wrote:works for me but I'll go with the majority

Ditto
Only thing I'd add is a slight preference for vinyl, as they're usually easier to remove should you need to re-paint the swinging arm.
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Thu 25 Jun 2015, 2:02 pm

Looks like you've summed it up nicely.

I'd prefer vinyl over a sticker as it'll most likely look better for longer.
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Thu 25 Jun 2015, 2:52 pm

absolutely cut vinyl - I thought I edited my message to put that in!

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Thu 25 Jun 2015, 2:58 pm

Agreed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 25 Feb 2018, 1:56 pm