You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

Stickers

teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Stickers

Post by teamster1975 on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 1:50 pm

@eternally_troubled wrote:Yes, I did think of a sticker some time ago, I didn't get very far with it.  It isn't a bad idea though.

We'll have to get some designs together, anyone got any ideas?
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Re: Stickers

Post by jerryfudd on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 1:59 pm

only what I suggested earlier that the website address just 'cb500club.net' on a silver grey sticker situated between where the rear hanger wouldn't obscure it going as far as say the shock bracket probably 10-15mm from top and bottom.

the colour combination of silver on black should go with most bikes as we all have black swinging arms so the single colour should cut down on cost - it's nice and visible without being too in your face..... that said a mock up would be good.

I'd probably pay up to £10ish with any left over proceeds going to the site.... maybe £15 if it wasn't as cheap to produce as I think it could be
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 2:02 pm

OK, cool.  Were you thinking of a sticker for the side of the swingarm or the top surface? (this will determine the size, as you can imagine).

I definitely think that a small sticker is probably best - more versatile and less 'in your face'.
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 2:08 pm

side of the LH (sprocket side) swinging arm...... would also make a cool line up shot slightly staggered so stickers visible
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 2:18 pm

btw a guy on ebay has been making up a sticker for my triple and they seem good quality and accurate to the mm so could be worth asking him to make or atleast price them?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/jakhan4
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 5:27 pm

@jerryfudd wrote:only what I suggested earlier that the website address just 'cb500club.net' on a silver grey sticker situated between where the rear hanger wouldn't obscure it going as far as say the shock bracket probably 10-15mm from top and bottom.

the colour combination of silver on black should go with most bikes as we all have black swinging arms so the single colour should cut down on cost - it's nice and visible without being too in your face..... that said a mock up would be good.

I'd probably pay up to £10ish with any left over proceeds going to the site.... maybe £15 if it wasn't as cheap to produce as I think it could be
Just the lettering cut out in silver vinyl would be cheap as chips, the site banner would look good there too.

I'm not sure how feasible it is but I've always thought the base of the number plate (where showrooms advertise) would be a great place for the fourm web address.

I've seen other forums that offer merchandise (clothing, mugs, mouse mats etc.) through a third party where a portion of the profits goes to the site. It might be worth looking into as once the designs been saved items can be run off on a piece by piece basis.
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 5:31 pm

can't say I'd want much merch and although granted it's a nice banner I'm not sure I'd want it in the bike.

I thought it'd pretty cheap just to cut vinyl but then that leaves plenty for the site.
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 6:25 pm

Here's something I just knocked up:

and here's some photos of a 'prototype' stuck to my bike:

It will look better stuck to most of your bikes because it wouldn't be made out of paper and I guess that most of your bikes are cleaner/nicer than mine! Smile

I just knocked it up real quick so criticise as you see fit, it is, after all, just an idea.
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Post by teamster1975 on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 6:33 pm

That's a great job ET! I know a guy on 406oc.co.uk who got stickers done for the club, I'll drop him a line and find out costs.
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 7:14 pm

@eternally_troubled wrote:....criticise as you see fit, it is, after all, just an idea.
It's mounted wonky Razz

Seriously, it looks good but I don't think it needs the white border.

Post by Guest on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 7:20 pm

Looks good - maybe do a poll inquiring how many will be interested to fund one - definitely interested.

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 7:39 pm

Yeah, I'd buy one.

Just a thought, should it be prefixed with 'www.'?
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 7:44 pm

No need, most browsers insert it automatically these days.
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 8:07 pm

@teamster1975 wrote:That's a great job ET! I know a guy on 406oc.co.uk who got stickers done for the club, I'll drop him a line and find out costs.

Cool.  There are a hell-of-a-lot of sticker/printing places out there with quite a large range of prices, it might well be useful to have a bit of steer...
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 8:10 pm

@ashcroc wrote:

@eternally_troubled wrote:....criticise as you see fit, it is, after all, just an idea.

It's mounted wonky :P

Seriously,  it looks good but I don't think it needs the white border.

We can explore that option, just not right now as I left the original at work... doh!

Were you thinking that the grey colour would be metalic silver?  I can see that might not need a border.  Will be more expensive, I bet...

If it is just plain grey then that's a different matter ;)
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 8:19 pm

....www....

@ashcroc wrote:No need, most browsers insert it automatically these days.

Yep.  and a lot of domains are setup so they don't need it...

By rights it should have an 'http://' as well.

It might be a bit late-90s to have a sticker with 'http://www.cb500club.net/' on it :)

For added fun I could make the 'http://www.cb500club.net/' blue and underline it... ho ho ho.
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 8:27 pm

What do people think of the size?

I made it deliberately small so you can use it in other places if you want - I could mockup a bigger one if people think that would be good?
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Post by teamster1975 on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 8:48 pm

Might be an idea to mock it up as a sticker for the rear cowl as well, I think the swing arm is cool though.
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 8:59 pm

@eternally_troubled wrote:

@ashcroc wrote:

It's mounted wonky Razz

Seriously,  it looks good but I don't think it needs the white border.

We can explore that option, just not right now as I left the original at work... doh!

Were you thinking that the grey colour would be metalic silver?  I can see that might not need a border.  Will be more expensive, I bet...

If it is just plain grey then that's a different matter Wink

It depends on how it's done. Silver/grey on a black rectangular  background like your mock up would likely cost more. If  just solid computer cut vinyl lettering then difference in price will be minimal between matt & metalic.
I used to work at a shop that did textile transfers & the big outlay is the hardware not the materials.

As far as size goes, why not offer several dependant on mounting location?  Once the design has been decided on it's just a question of adjusting the size of the text box in photoshop.

You could even have one cut in reverse to mount on the windscreen.
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 9:18 pm

good work although I was thinking just plain silver/light grey and just cut vinyl lettering - agreed on not having the www.
steady Eddy
the 800
the 800

Post by steady Eddy on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 9:37 pm

This is a great idea and i will be purchasing one.

maybe do a lil poll once we have a few possibilities.

Also i think to have a few different ones would be good as there are im sure a few quite generous members who would like to make more than one purchase Smile
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 9:52 pm

granted I might be a bit of a simpleton but this is all I was thinking....

if anyone else fancies a go here is the original pic

I know there are plenty of suggestions but more locations, colours and designs just sounds like its going to add cost plus would be hard to keep a few ready to send as that would increase the cost even more.

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 10:05 pm

E.T.s logo in JerryFudd size works for me.
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 10:14 pm

likewise but without the white border.

sullivj going non-OE decals? next we'll be putting rim strips on Tango Wink
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 10:20 pm

Can anyone do a mockup using the same font as the banner but in jerryfudd's size?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 23 May 2018, 4:11 am