Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

tec shock suspension settings

wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

tec shock suspension settings

Post by wornsprokets on Sun 07 Jun 2015, 5:26 pm

So i put new set of tect shocks on bike, bit of ball ache as i had to remove the exhaust to get lower shock bolt out and the exhaust is original and never removed before , it was fun and games it eventually came off after lot of swearing:)  anyway what settings are u using. I am on setting from set up by tec seems to be ok, these are bog standard ones  what settings do use guys use
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Re: tec shock suspension settings

Post by eternally_troubled on Mon 08 Jun 2015, 1:16 pm

I don't know about the TEC shock settings, but on the standard exhaust you'll need a new graphite gasket/seal collar to make it seal when you put it back on. They can be a bit of a bastard to remove as you found out.

Plus, I moved you topic to the 'workshop' section...
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Mon 08 Jun 2015, 1:29 pm

Yes i have removed  that gasket as it broke up never seen anything like that before and ive removed gud few exhausts on bikes and cars, i used a paste on exhaust we see if it holds wasnt blowing this morning anyway Smile       thanks anyway eternally troubled for advice

Post by Guest on Mon 08 Jun 2015, 3:32 pm

Is there a easy way to tell if shocks are worn out?
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Mon 08 Jun 2015, 8:19 pm

one of mine was leaking,  there some difference with new ones, generally if u push down on back of the bike it should come back into position in controlled way if its really bouncy its bad sign , but swing arm bearings could be in bad too they need to be checked  if theres movement in swing arm side ways.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 22 Sep 2017, 5:15 am