Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

What did you do with your CB500 today?

Share
avatar
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Posts : 1729
Location : preston lancs

Re: What did you do with your CB500 today?

Post by skyrider on Fri 15 May 2015, 7:22 pm

nah its too good for that
avatar
alvamiga
Godzilla
Godzilla

Posts : 231
Location : Reading

Re: What did you do with your CB500 today?

Post by alvamiga on Sat 16 May 2015, 12:48 am

@badseeds wrote:I put my bike on the electoral register.


That is funny, but I think that could potentially get you in a lot of grief!
avatar
arrison
Three's a Charm
Three's a Charm

Posts : 147

Re: What did you do with your CB500 today?

Post by arrison on Sat 16 May 2015, 9:28 am

Whatever you do, dont let it vote for the greens. This is their policy on motorcycles, taken from their website.

Motorcycles
TR320 Smaller, low powered motorcycles are generally preferable to cars (especially those with a single occupant) as they take up less road space and are more economic consumers of fuel. However, the Green Party does not wish to see increased use of motorcycles because they emit pollution and noise and can endanger road users. The aim is to encourage much less use of high powered machines and for low powered machines to offer an alternative for those who currently use these or cars and could not transfer to more sustainable modes.
TR321 The Green Party would take measures to encourage a transfer of motor cycle manufacture and use from larger, powerful machines to less powerful ones including scooters and mopeds. These would include setting and enforcing strict noise limits and, for higher powered machines, speed limiters.
TR322 For the safety of other users, the Green Party does not feel it appropriate for motorcyclists to be able to use any priority measures put in for pedestrians and cyclists, including those shared with public transport.
avatar
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Posts : 1729
Location : preston lancs

Re: What did you do with your CB500 today?

Post by skyrider on Sat 16 May 2015, 7:43 pm

tell it not to vote for them then Neutral
avatar
geewhizz
the 900
the 900

Posts : 600

Re: What did you do with your CB500 today?

Post by geewhizz on Sat 16 May 2015, 8:52 pm

have been commuting with the cb daily but today was the first time this year ive managed to taken it out for a blast :/  I really have forgotten how ace it is, absolutely fast enough without being super scary, a well earned bit of me time with the bike - love it!
avatar
alvamiga
Godzilla
Godzilla

Posts : 231
Location : Reading

Re: What did you do with your CB500 today?

Post by alvamiga on Sat 16 May 2015, 9:40 pm

Only 200 miles today! Smile Did the Ride the County event in support of the Air Ambulance with Huggles, my big teddy bear as pillion.
avatar
jerryfudd
Moderator
Moderator

Awesome!
Posts : 1745
Location : Surrey

Re: What did you do with your CB500 today?

Post by jerryfudd on Thu 21 May 2015, 8:27 pm

...popped out for an early evening blast with sullivj to Rya's Cafe in Dorking - nice ride shame the coffee was dismal lol



(I'm sure he'll be on in a few mins to give me stick for being slow round the corners but in all fairness i didn't know the way! Embarassed)
avatar
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Posts : 1729
Location : preston lancs

Re: What did you do with your CB500 today?

Post by skyrider on Thu 21 May 2015, 8:35 pm

shame about the crap coffee it looks a nice place
avatar
sullivj
the 900
the 900

Posts : 2080
Location : Gatwick

Re: What did you do with your CB500 today?

Post by sullivj on Thu 21 May 2015, 8:44 pm

Not just slow around corners - just slow!!!

I would have thought THE most expensive CB 500 on the planet should be able to keep up with my old sh!tter ;-) 

At least you didn't have to pay for the terrible coffee!
avatar
badseeds
Moderator
Moderator

Awesome!
Posts : 1792
Location : Beccles, Suffolk

Re: What did you do with your CB500 today?

Post by badseeds on Thu 21 May 2015, 8:46 pm

@sullivj wrote:Not just slow around corners - just slow!!!

I would have thought THE most expensive CB 500 on the planet should be able to keep up with my old sh!tter ;-) 

At least you didn't have to pay for the terrible coffee!

Is there something wrong with the bike? Or is he just being a girl? It looks fabulous.
avatar
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Posts : 1729
Location : preston lancs

Re: What did you do with your CB500 today?

Post by skyrider on Thu 21 May 2015, 8:53 pm

he is trying to preserve it at that price Very Happy
avatar
badseeds
Moderator
Moderator

Awesome!
Posts : 1792
Location : Beccles, Suffolk

Re: What did you do with your CB500 today?

Post by badseeds on Thu 21 May 2015, 9:03 pm

@skyrider wrote:he is trying to preserve it at that price Very Happy

Oh, can imagine the tears if he'd binned it? I know I'd cry if it was me!
avatar
sullivj
the 900
the 900

Posts : 2080
Location : Gatwick

Re: What did you do with your CB500 today?

Post by sullivj on Thu 21 May 2015, 9:12 pm

I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

If he binned it, I'd have to ride on. I don't like seeing men cry!!
avatar
jerryfudd
Moderator
Moderator

Awesome!
Posts : 1745
Location : Surrey

Re: What did you do with your CB500 today?

Post by jerryfudd on Thu 21 May 2015, 9:22 pm

ha! I'm still getting used to it - I've only been able to put about 100miles on it since the rebuild finished at the end of March (I've put over 1k on the Street Triple in the same time) plus that included discs, pads and tyres - which were fitted the day I got hit by a car, left me bed ridden and wrote the CBF off so all have only just about been bedded in.

also in swapping straight over from riding the ST the brakes really do feel like grabbing a handful of nothing so took awhile to get used to how effective they are and knowing how quickly I can stop which in my book comes before going faster which in this case is increased as there is no ABS safety net! I've locked up John's Tango multiple times in the past and don't fancy repeating it on my bike LOL Smile

as precious as I should be with it once I'm in the mood to prove a point (as I was doing on the way home) that all goes out the window and I can't myself throwing caution to the wind and winding it on redlining every gear Embarassed
avatar
badseeds
Moderator
Moderator

Awesome!
Posts : 1792
Location : Beccles, Suffolk

Re: What did you do with your CB500 today?

Post by badseeds on Thu 21 May 2015, 9:38 pm

@jerryfudd wrote:ha! I'm still getting used to it - I've only been able to put about 100miles on it since the rebuild finished at the end of March (I've put over 1k on the Street Triple in the same time) plus that included discs, pads and tyres - which were fitted the day I got hit by a car, left me bed ridden and wrote the CBF off so all have only just about been bedded in.

also in swapping straight over from riding the ST the brakes really do feel like grabbing a handful of nothing so took awhile to get used to how effective they are and knowing how quickly I can stop which in my book comes before going faster which in this case is increased as there is no ABS safety net! I've locked up John's Tango multiple times in the past and don't fancy repeating it on my bike LOL Smile

as precious as I should be with it once I'm in the mood to prove a point (as I was doing on the way home) that all goes out the window and I can't myself throwing caution to the wind and winding it on redlining every gear Embarassed

That's quite alright. I'd be out on the Triumph more, too. I bet it's a riot!
avatar
jerryfudd
Moderator
Moderator

Awesome!
Posts : 1745
Location : Surrey

Re: What did you do with your CB500 today?

Post by jerryfudd on Thu 21 May 2015, 9:46 pm

I use the ST for commuting so got used to quickly and its quite quick can almost coast the corners hard accelerate out and no one calls you slow! Unfortunately during some warranty work I was lent a Street Triple R and liked it - arse.

I'd previously decided that I didn't need fully adjustable suspension so gave it a miss. I hadn't realised that being a large lad I'd benefit from the firmer suspension and no one mentioned the massive performance increase in breaking or higher rear end from a longer shock which I also liked so popped on a Ohlins rear shock to match the geometry and am in progress of changing to a STR front end with the adjustable forks and amazing radial brakes.

ooooooh shiny!



anyway - back to CB's!
avatar
badseeds
Moderator
Moderator

Awesome!
Posts : 1792
Location : Beccles, Suffolk

Re: What did you do with your CB500 today?

Post by badseeds on Thu 21 May 2015, 9:51 pm

@jerryfudd wrote:I use the ST for commuting so got used to quickly and its quite quick can almost coast the corners hard accelerate out and no one calls you slow! Unfortunately during some warranty work I was lent a Street Triple R and liked it - arse.

I'd previously decided that I didn't need fully adjustable suspension so gave it a miss. I hadn't realised that being a large lad I'd benefit from the firmer suspension and no one mentioned the massive performance increase in breaking or higher rear end from a longer shock which I also liked so popped on a Ohlins rear shock to match the geometry and am in progress of changing to a STR front end with the adjustable forks and amazing radial brakes.

ooooooh shiny!



anyway - back to CB's!

Luckily, also being a big lad, I've never experienced awesome quality suspension so I'm ignorant.
avatar
sullivj
the 900
the 900

Posts : 2080
Location : Gatwick

Re: What did you do with your CB500 today?

Post by sullivj on Thu 21 May 2015, 9:56 pm

My old sh!tter keeps up with his Triumph too - even with his £1,500 shock absorber LaughingLaughing
avatar
badseeds
Moderator
Moderator

Awesome!
Posts : 1792
Location : Beccles, Suffolk

Re: What did you do with your CB500 today?

Post by badseeds on Thu 21 May 2015, 9:58 pm

@sullivj wrote:My old sh!tter keeps up with his Triumph too - even with his £1,500 shock absorber LaughingLaughing

I thought you two were mates! A well-ridden CB500 will keep most bikes in sight.
avatar
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Posts : 1729
Location : preston lancs

Re: What did you do with your CB500 today?

Post by skyrider on Thu 21 May 2015, 9:59 pm

HOW MUCH
avatar
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Posts : 1729
Location : preston lancs

Re: What did you do with your CB500 today?

Post by skyrider on Thu 21 May 2015, 10:06 pm

Christ I would want the rest of  the bike as well for that price Shocked
avatar
sullivj
the 900
the 900

Posts : 2080
Location : Gatwick

Re: What did you do with your CB500 today?

Post by sullivj on Thu 21 May 2015, 10:07 pm

@badseeds wrote:

@sullivj wrote:My old sh!tter keeps up with his Triumph too - even with his £1,500 shock absorber LaughingLaughing



I thought you two were mates! A well-ridden CB500 will keep most bikes in sight.

We are!
avatar
jerryfudd
Moderator
Moderator

Awesome!
Posts : 1745
Location : Surrey

Re: What did you do with your CB500 today?

Post by jerryfudd on Thu 21 May 2015, 10:16 pm

ha! that's horsesh*t he can't keep up not even on the CBF and that's the retail price for the shock i paid no where close to that Smile

like he said - we are he just loves trying to wind me up lol
avatar
alvamiga
Godzilla
Godzilla

Posts : 231
Location : Reading

Re: What did you do with your CB500 today?

Post by alvamiga on Sat 23 May 2015, 9:34 am

There's a difference between "can't" and "doesn't feel compelled to" Very Happy

I've been left behind on a couple of ride-outs before now because everyone else was gunning it and I refused to. The trick is to work out where your final destination is so you still get there! Wink
avatar
jerryfudd
Moderator
Moderator

Awesome!
Posts : 1745
Location : Surrey

Re: What did you do with your CB500 today?

Post by jerryfudd on Sat 23 May 2015, 9:44 am

I knew the destination but not the route and cautiously followed which is why he was calling me slow Smile

Sponsored content

Re: What did you do with your CB500 today?

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Wed 28 Jun 2017, 8:15 pm