Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

leaky rear shock

wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

leaky rear shock

Post by wornsprokets on Wed 20 May 2015, 7:25 pm

So my lucks in  as usual Smile one of rear shocks are leaking , what replacements would u suggest and i dont mean ohlins Smile whats  good or bad, what would u recommend lads
arrison
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Re: leaky rear shock

Post by arrison on Wed 20 May 2015, 8:17 pm

TEC shocks come highly recommended, Ill be replacing mine with a set at some point. http://shop.tecbikeparts.com/products/cb500-1993-onwards-tec-shock-absorbers

People also seem to like Hagon, bit more expensive though
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Wed 20 May 2015, 9:36 pm

they look decent shocks and a reasonable price too
badseeds

Awesome!

Post by badseeds on Thu 21 May 2015, 12:45 am

I have these Tec Brand shocks. They work very well, but you must keep 'em clean - one winter has turned mine to rust.
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Thu 21 May 2015, 7:17 pm

when  i was going to work on my bike in the wintertime a few years ago  I used to paint everything on it with a stuff called trico a brown sticky stuff and that kept all the salt and crap from getting through to the chrome and everything else, then in the summer I just washed it all off with paraffin it was brilliant stuff
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Tue 26 May 2015, 1:16 pm

@skyrider wrote:when  i was going to work on my bike in the wintertime a few years ago  I used to paint everything on it with a stuff called trico a brown sticky stuff and that kept all the salt and crap from getting through to the chrome and everything else, then in the summer I just washed it all off with paraffin it was brilliant stuff

Yeah, you can use Waxoyl in a very similar way... I don't (hence why my bike is rusted), but it isn't a bad idea (as long as you don't mind having a non-shiny bike during winter).
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Tue 26 May 2015, 1:31 pm

Ordered my tec shocks today from george, sounds great value 55 pounds.ive heard people recommend acf 50 ment to amazing but expensive stops corrison dead
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Tue 26 May 2015, 7:56 pm

@eternally_troubled wrote:

@skyrider wrote:when  i was going to work on my bike in the wintertime a few years ago  I used to paint everything on it with a stuff called trico a brown sticky stuff and that kept all the salt and crap from getting through to the chrome and everything else, then in the summer I just washed it all off with paraffin it was brilliant stuff

Yeah, you can use Waxoyl in a very similar way... I don't (hence why my bike is rusted), but it isn't a bad idea (as long as you don't mind having a non-shiny bike during winter).
yep it wasn't a problem but it did look a bit of a grimy mess as the winter wore on Mad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 26 Jul 2017, 7:35 am