Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Do the back indicators pull out after loosening the nuts

Stu9
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Do the back indicators pull out after loosening the nuts

Post by Stu9 on Thu 07 May 2015, 6:08 pm

Underneath inside the mudgaurd, should they pull out from hole they're through, I want to fit the Givi rack I've got, everything seems to be straightforward I don't want to pull them incase I break it
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Re: Do the back indicators pull out after loosening the nuts

Post by ashcroc on Thu 07 May 2015, 6:53 pm

Once they're disconnected & the nut's off they should just push out. It's a threaded stem so it may be safer to unscrew. It all depends how tight they are to the mudgaurd as technically they should be mounted to grab handles which fit to the same place as the Givi rack.
The_Wasp
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by The_Wasp on Sat 09 May 2015, 11:17 am

You'll have to disconnect the wiring from the loom, his will me removing the rear fairing to access them as they are tucked up in the rear right hand corner next to the seat hinge. Then you'll have to thread the wiring down though the small holes in the mudguard and out through the next set of holes in the side. The wires can snag as they are a tight fit so be gentle.
Stu9
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post by Stu9 on Sat 09 May 2015, 11:39 am

I know all that it's the nuts I can't loosen and don't want to snap the stalk when trying
Stu9
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post by Stu9 on Sun 10 May 2015, 11:41 am

Ive got one off but the other...no chance!

I tried holding the stalk with a monkey wrench and cloth...nope!.....this is all that's holding me back from getting the rack on....1 bloody nut Evil or Very Mad

I got plusgas and left it the other night.....apart from cutting it off (which I don't want to do) I'm stumped!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 22 Nov 2017, 2:45 pm