Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Would like it higher

Stu9
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Would like it higher

Post by Stu9 on Tue 05 May 2015, 4:38 pm

I've just got one of these, a 96 but can it be raised at the back, I'm used to bikes with mono and puttings risers on like I did on my last bike (mk1 bandit 12 by 30mm). I know this is twin shocks (not had them since a vn15 I had 5 yrs ago) but wondered if there's a way to do it apart from taller shocks
rwhitton
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Re: Would like it higher

Post by rwhitton on Tue 05 May 2015, 8:12 pm

Track or road? If track(or you're not bothered about comfort) you can get a one piece seat unit which is higher from the bloke who supplies most racers. There is obviously a standard height one also. He's on the cb500 race forum as Fiberglass Solutions. I had one on my last cb and I'm planning to get another when I've some spare cash.
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Tue 05 May 2015, 10:31 pm

If you want to raise the rear suspension - assuming this doesn't cause problems with chain routing - the best reason is to increase head angle to give quicker steering. If you use the Tec alloy shox, the lower mounting is replaceable with an extended item and this will do the job.
I point out that though I am using their shox, I have nothing to do with the company.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 22 Sep 2017, 5:19 am