Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

state of clutch parts

dado_dassler
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Solved state of clutch parts

Post by dado_dassler on Wed 15 Apr 2015, 8:13 pm

should i be worried about the recesses shown in the pictures below?
one problem i could think of maybe they might cause the springs to stick in one place and prevent them from moving, but i doubt they are deep enough for that to happen.

Last edited by dado_dassler on Thu 16 Apr 2015, 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
ar1
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Solved Re: state of clutch parts

Post by ar1 on Thu 16 Apr 2015, 7:57 am

HI  no need to worry, but I would clean up the burrs on the inner and outer casings with some emery to make them smooth as to prevent the springs from snagging also it will prevent and metal burrs going into the oil, yours J.
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Thu 16 Apr 2015, 12:38 pm

I wouldn't worry, as mentioned it might be worth smoothing the edges out to stop them catching...

dado_dassler
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by dado_dassler on Thu 16 Apr 2015, 1:02 pm

thank you for your replies.
i have been recommended to do so by someone else too, but won't that just remove the wear without solving the issue itself?
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Thu 16 Apr 2015, 3:46 pm

I don't really think there is an 'issue' here to solve, unless the clutch wasn't working before you took it apart.

The springs rattle around and wear themselves into their guides - I suspect there would be a problem if the wear was worse (it doesn't look too bad in the photos) and it compromised the strength of the clutch pressure plate.

The problem *may* get worse, so it would be worth checking next time you take the clutch apart.

If it was a really bad problem then other people would have had their clutch fail for this reason.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 21 Nov 2017, 7:10 pm