Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

fork stancion

Llewelyn1965
the 900
the 900

fork stancion

Post by Llewelyn1965 on Mon 30 Mar 2015, 8:42 pm

Has anyone got a fork stanchion going cheap for a 94 500 r? Went to change the seals on mine and one of them has ben in a vice at some point and as well as being marked, it's also not straight.

Or does anyone know what other bike would also fit it so I can look on flea bay?

Regards,
Llew
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Re: fork stancion

Post by eternally_troubled on Tue 31 Mar 2015, 12:19 pm

I don't know which others fit, but keep searching ebay and you will find some in the end. Just make sure you ask the seller if they are straight and send them back if they are not!

In case you didn't know, wemoto sell these:

http://www.wemoto.com/bikes/honda/cb_500_r_t/93-96/picture/fork_tube_-_stanchion_-_single/

Sadly they are 112 quid...
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Tue 28 Apr 2015, 1:25 pm

I've got 3 spare in various condition depends how functional or mint you want.....

If your going to pay Wemoto prices have a chat with a dealer as I managed to get OE Honda ones for 115ea

I measured the other day and there is 10.5 to 11" of exposed stanchion above the seals so any marks above that would be cosmetic.

Not sure what you could do with these (no guarantee's) but its what I got

Oh, and the one still in the leg is because I still have to drill out the damper bolt in order to release it. the head is mashed up and at that point I decided f*ck it and bought new ones as id had enough by that point in the day.
Llewelyn1965
the 900
the 900

Post by Llewelyn1965 on Tue 28 Apr 2015, 2:13 pm

Hi, I have bought a new one now. £90 delivered. Still waiting for it's arrival atm. Hopefully in the next couple of days!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 18 Oct 2017, 5:44 pm