Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

A weak spot of the CB?.

steady Eddy
the 800
the 800

A weak spot of the CB?.

Post by steady Eddy on Tue 24 Mar 2015, 9:34 am

Been looking for a left hand side grab handle as mines rusted on the weld to the indicator mount...

Looking on EBay there are people trying to sell the left side with the indicator mount missing but the right side seems to fair better. Maybe the left side indicator is easier to knock when its parked up in the garage?

Anyway has anyone got one spare please?
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Re: A weak spot of the CB?.

Post by eternally_troubled on Tue 24 Mar 2015, 12:36 pm

If they all rust like that then there won't be many around, apart from the people that have taken them off to fit givi racks...

Might be better to see if you can get someone to weld it for you...
Llewelyn1965
the 900
the 900

Post by Llewelyn1965 on Tue 24 Mar 2015, 3:05 pm

try this link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-HONDA-CB500-LEFT-HAND-L-H-GRAB-RAIL-PILLION-HANDLE-BLACK-USED-/201309417643?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item2edef9f0ab
steady Eddy
the 800
the 800

Post by steady Eddy on Tue 24 Mar 2015, 3:54 pm

Very good advice ET, i dont know a welder so was put off getting it welded thinking time and effort stripping and painting plus what i could get charged for the welding.

But In the last two hours ive stripped the troubled area, got it welded and the 1st coat of paint is on and only cost me a fiver Smile

Was watching that link you put up but cheers anyway Llewelyn.
louis_sutton
Laser Shark
Laser Shark

Post by louis_sutton on Tue 24 Mar 2015, 10:10 pm

Mine did exactly that.  A quick fix for riding is to take the bracket off, run a drill through the mudguard and bolt the indicator onto the mudguard.  It does leave you without a grab handle though.

I wish I knew someone who could weld cheaply, cost me £30 to get mine done!
alvamiga
Godzilla
Godzilla

Post by alvamiga on Wed 25 Mar 2015, 12:01 am

@eternally_troubled wrote:If they all rust like that then there won't be many around, apart from the people that have taken them off to fit givi racks...

Might be better to see if you can get someone to weld it for you...

Took a bit of fiddling and a tight squeeze, but I managed to fit my Givi rack without losing them. Still very useful for bungee points!
Flyingbrick
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by Flyingbrick on Fri 27 Mar 2015, 7:36 pm

I never had any problems with that part plus, I have never seen any damaged one. It looks like you have crashed the bike formerly so the flasher deformed the mounting rail.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 18 Aug 2017, 1:29 pm