Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Wynn's Carb Cleaner

Wynn's Carb Cleaner

Post by Guest on Tue 03 Mar 2015, 10:21 am

I want to use this Wynn's product and found the following info about how to use it.

Warm up the engine - use the bottle with carb cleaner as petrol tank - start the engine and run for 1/2 a bottle on stationary rpm - then turn off engine for about 15min - restart but now go through the higher revs up to 2/3 of max (about 6000rpm?) - when the product is all used up reconnect the petrol tank and you're done.

Does this sound right? Anyone done this, recommends against the product or any other ideas?

Thanks.
badseeds

Awesome!

Re: Wynn's Carb Cleaner

Post by badseeds on Tue 03 Mar 2015, 3:15 pm

I wouldn't trust it. I've never heard of a workshop using these quick-fixes.
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Tue 03 Mar 2015, 3:23 pm

It probably won't do any harm; in fact, if that's how you are supposed to use it then I suspect that the main component of the stuff is petrol, mixed with a few other things to try and dissolve various kinds of petrol gunk from inside your carbs.

I suspect it won't do much good either, especially if your carbs need a really good clean!
Stooby2
Godzilla
Godzilla

Post by Stooby2 on Tue 03 Mar 2015, 5:27 pm

I put one of the the Redex One Shot carb cleaner in my tank roughly once a year and take the bike for a long hard run - enough to use the full tank. That seems to improve mpg and makes everything run smoother. Couple that with carb balancing & idle mix adjustment etc and I get a nice running bike.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 20 Sep 2017, 3:11 am