Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

hard panniers

sinclairmic
Crotch Rocketuer
Crotch Rocketuer

hard panniers

Post by sinclairmic on Fri 06 Feb 2015, 7:31 pm

Hi, I currently have a decent sized top box on my cb500, I am wanting hard panniers to go with it after seeing a bike on here with them. I have looked for them online but have failed to find them so far. My cb is a 94 model. Does anyone know where i can get them from? 

Cheers mike
stevew
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Re: hard panniers

Post by stevew on Fri 06 Feb 2015, 9:23 pm

Think you are gonna need a Giving wing rack and Give don't make the mounting kit any more. They seem to be becoming more and more rare now. Prob is their price is going up with their rarety !!

I'm not aware of any current manufacturers, maybe Hepco and Becker but they are even more money !

Others may know more.
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Fri 06 Feb 2015, 10:48 pm

sinclairmic
Crotch Rocketuer
Crotch Rocketuer

Post by sinclairmic on Fri 06 Feb 2015, 11:00 pm

thanks for the links, so i would be looking at £300 plus, didn't realise they would be that much. I have oxford soft panniers but nothing beats the more secure hard type.
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Fri 06 Feb 2015, 11:13 pm

I picked up a fivestars pannier rack for £80 including postage from boonstraparts (they're a bike breakers so i doubt if they'll ever get another). It didn't come with a fitting kit but hey spacers and bolts aren't that hard to find at the local hardware store. 
badseeds

Awesome!

Post by badseeds on Fri 06 Feb 2015, 11:56 pm

A cheaper alternative to a Givi set up would be to try and find the genuine Honda luggage. They turn up from time-to-time. They're rebadged Krauser boxes and are very good quality. The same kit also listed as an option for the NTV amongst others.

Boonstraparts had the boxes listed on their site a few weeks back, but no frame. A set of boxes and frames with all fittings sold on ebay for less £150 last year, but it was pick-up only, right at the opposite end of the country.
badseeds

Awesome!

Post by badseeds on Fri 06 Feb 2015, 11:58 pm

This is it.
http://www.goldwings-northwales.org.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/cb500.jpg

Notice the new location for the indicators.
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Sat 07 Feb 2015, 5:31 pm

Badseeds that's because I bought the frame but I didn't have enough money for the boxes. Frame was 75€ but the boxes were 100€ on top and all monokey cases fit so I only got the frame. Wink
alvamiga
Godzilla
Godzilla

Post by alvamiga on Sun 08 Feb 2015, 9:46 pm

I looked for the wing racks when I got mine, but the cost was just way overboard. With all the cases it was getting ridiculous; hundreds of pounds. I now have a 47L back box and I managed to get given a set of Riossi stiff saddlebags, which I only use every 5-6 months anyway.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 22 Nov 2017, 2:50 pm