Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

scottoiler vsystem

dado_dassler
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

scottoiler vsystem

Post by dado_dassler on Sun 01 Feb 2015, 5:18 am

i am considering buying this kit which is supposed to prolong chain life and save you money on expensive chain lube.
if anyone has got some thoughts both good and bad i would like to hear them.
how much mileage do you get on your chain with the kit fitted?
it only seems to feed on one side of the chain, does the opposite side receive any oil?
there is an add to the kit that you can buy dual injector, any opinion on this?
and what about the mess that the oiler leaves on the tyre, is there anything to worry about?

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Re: scottoiler vsystem

Post by sullivj on Sun 01 Feb 2015, 8:17 am

I have one of my CBF.

You can adjust the rate of flow. If you set it too high, it will cover your rear wheel.  

The proper oil for it, isn't that cheap.

It came with my bike. If it didn't, I wouldn't have fitted one.

Unless you're going to do high mileage, I would save your money and stick to conventional chiain maintenance.
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Sun 01 Feb 2015, 8:35 am

May I suggest you read this thread.

I believe the Scottoiler is somewhat overrated. And in my eyes it's expensive too. Smallest complete kit 1100 DKK...
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Sun 01 Feb 2015, 8:43 am

The vSystem is a vacuum-operated near-copy of the Loobman. Priced five times higher and without the dual feed, which they will charge you an additional 30£ for. Complete Loobman oiler system including dual feed: Some 20£ + p&p.

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Sun 01 Feb 2015, 8:48 am

If you choose to go down the lobman route, I have a brand new one for sale. Purchased but never fitted. 

£20 delivered if you want it.
Stooby2
Godzilla
Godzilla

Post by Stooby2 on Sun 01 Feb 2015, 8:54 am

I've fitted a Scottoiler and after abit of tweaking, does a good job of keeping the chain oiled. In the current weather I find it useful to be able to increase the oil rate to cope with the water and salt. The oil seems to get across the chain without issue, both side are equally oiled even with the single pipe. Once I've run out of the oil that came with it, I'll probably go for chainsaw oil. 

I got mine from Amazon after spotting it in a sale for £50. Don't buy one at a show as they're more expensive. At the NEC show the Scottoiler "show special price" was £70, still a tenner more than brand new on the web.
HomeBrew
the 900
the 900

Post by HomeBrew on Sun 01 Feb 2015, 10:42 am

It worked great for a while. Then it stopped and I haven't got it working again. The price of their oil is a joke. Instead I've dribbled on gear oil/chainsaw oil which is cheap but flings off quick, or aerosol grease which is expensive.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 21 Nov 2017, 10:53 pm