Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Seat release

Llewelyn1965
the 900
the 900

Seat release

Post by Llewelyn1965 on Wed 28 Jan 2015, 11:51 am

Does anyone know how to get the seat off without a key? Was doing some stuff on the bike and left my ke in the tool box compartment. My mate didn't realise and put the seat back on. NO SPARE KEY!!!!! :-(
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Re: Seat release

Post by jerryfudd on Wed 28 Jan 2015, 11:54 am

At a guess I'd say remove the panel with the lock in it, remove the cyclinder retaining clip and pull the cyclinder out to pull the release cord.

Not sure how much of that is possible with the seat there but it's something to try? .....do a forum search too I'm sure you're not the first Smile
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Wed 28 Jan 2015, 12:34 pm

Argh! What a pain. I do this kind of stupid thing all the time (which is why I got a spare key...).

I haven't had to solve this particular problem, but I'm sure *someone* has... hopefully they will be along soon!
Llewelyn1965
the 900
the 900

Post by Llewelyn1965 on Wed 28 Jan 2015, 5:41 pm

Sorted. If you take the side panel off with the keyhole in it. you can get a screwdriver down behind the lock on the right hand side to move the plate/bar thingy enough to release the catch. My mate solved that one. He had to or he was getting a kick in the nads!!!!! Twisted Evil
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd on Wed 28 Jan 2015, 5:53 pm

okey dokey and now none of us are storing anything of value in there ever again lol Smile
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Thu 29 Jan 2015, 1:24 pm

TBH it was never a good idea to store anything of value in there anyway.

I know this won't apply to you (jerryfud) but *my* bike looks like such a shed that no tea-leaf would think that I had anything worth stealing...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 22 Jul 2017, 11:37 pm