Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Replacement S model headlight anyone??

Bendavi

Replacement S model headlight anyone??

Post by Bendavi on Thu 08 Jan 2015, 4:31 pm

Hi All!

Been a few years since posting, nice to be back!

My bike's been laid up for some time (SORNed at present) but last year a kind mechanic did pass my bike on its MOT though the headlight beam pattern was scattered (due to yellowing/distortion on the lense). 
I figured I'd go out and buy a new one, but David Silver don't have any in as its discontinued, Lings Honda cant get one either it seems.

Sooo! any suggestions, and does anyone have one (maybe a 500s converted streetfighter/racer?) kicking around their garage they could sell me? Pretty please??!

Cheers
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Re: Replacement S model headlight anyone??

Post by eternally_troubled on Fri 09 Jan 2015, 12:30 pm

I bet you can get one second-hand from a parts dealer. I just don't know *which* parts dealer will have it. Had a quick look on ebay - couldn't find one.

Our friends in the Netherlands don't seem to have one, but they do have this:

http://www.boonstraparts.com/en/part/honda-cb-500-/s-%28cb500s-my5-pc26/32%29-fairing-upper-front-1996&ID=B10000F4DA

which is more like a replacement/aftermarket bit of fairing, thought it does have a headlight.

If you have a local motorcycle breakers they might be worth talking to (might be worth taking the old one along for reference).

It might be worth giving Boonstra parts a ring/email (they probably speak English, at least a bit) as they seem to have a quite good/well organised set of CB500 parts and see if they have one that isn't on the website.

Bendavi

Post by Bendavi on Fri 09 Jan 2015, 1:08 pm

Cheers for that, I've sent them a message and hopefully it'll fit in the current fairing Very Happy

I love having the fairing so conversion to naked isn't a choice I want to have to make... we'll see!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 21 Nov 2017, 5:37 pm