Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

needle bearing

cuddlydave38
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

needle bearing

Post by cuddlydave38 on Thu 01 Jan 2015, 5:31 pm

hello does any one have a spare clutch release lever needle bearing for a CB500 1996 as I have looked at the clutch cover and the needle bearing that the release lever goes through needs replacing and I am not sure that it can be bought separate.Thanks
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Re: needle bearing

Post by eternally_troubled on Fri 02 Jan 2015, 9:50 am

Looking here:

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_motorcycle_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=13MY5WEA&block_02=E__0500&block_03=1612

and here:

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_motorcycle_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=13MY5WEA&block_02=E__0600&block_03=1612

I can't see the bearing you mention (I assume it is inside the cover where the clutch rod goes through) so I guess it isn't available.

If that's the case then it might be best to get a cover off ebay or a breaker.
badseeds

Awesome!

Post by badseeds on Sat 03 Jan 2015, 5:23 pm

Bear in mind that CBF500 covers go straight on (and look better, more modern) should one be more available. The bearing isn't a seperate part, I just checked the parts book.
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Sat 03 Jan 2015, 5:49 pm

If the bearing is removable as a unit, then just about any seal & bearing factor could get you a replacement cheaply.
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Sun 04 Jan 2015, 1:56 pm

@Beresford wrote:If the bearing is removable as a unit, then just about any seal & bearing factor could get you a replacement cheaply.

True. You just need to work out how to get it out...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 18 Aug 2017, 1:44 pm