Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, ride safe! The CB500Club team

Fan for 1996 CB500

fz1
Squiddy
Squiddy

Fan for 1996 CB500

Post by fz1 on Tue 04 Jan 2011, 2:23 pm

Hi Folks,

I need a cooling fan motor for a 1996 bike (or the full fan assembly).

Anyone got one for sale? Please drop me a note via PM or fz1fz1@hotmail.com

Ta,

Jon
Caretaker
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Awesome!

Re: Fan for 1996 CB500

Post by Caretaker on Sun 09 Jan 2011, 9:33 pm

Hi, I see you are looking for a cooling fan...
I dont have one but just thought that i would mention that i had a fan fail due to an earth terminal at the top of the fan snapping. Also you probably know that if connection is okay you can bypass the stat by removing wire from it and shorting to earthand the fan should run........ if earth wire is okay

Have you checked this connection?
I paid £35.00 for the fan stat and fitted it in the rad to find out it wasnt that after all..... it was the earth wire (ouch) Smile

fz1
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by fz1 on Sun 09 Jan 2011, 11:42 pm

Hi,

Doesn't it just cheese you off when you spend a fortune and find out it was a 5p fix?
affraid

Yes, the earth terminal was snapped when I first looked at it, so I thought "this is an easy/cheap fix". Unfortunately after replacing the terminal and cleaning-up the connection, the fan was still dead. I put 12v straight into the motor and got nothing. Being as the terminal was snapped as well, I suspect that its been like that for months but the bike has never got hot enough to need the fan!

I've just got a 2nd hand motor from Germany and that works a treat. To double check the old one, I stripped-back the motor wires to make sure I didn't have a bad connector, but its still dead.

Thanks very much for taking the time to post the advice, its very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Jon

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 16 Dec 2017, 4:49 pm