Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Radiator Wanted :-)

billbofagends

Radiator Wanted :-)

Post by billbofagends on Wed 08 Oct 2014, 3:32 pm

Hi folks,

After a rad for '94 CB500. Anyone got one to sell?

Cheers

Sam
jerryfudd

Awesome!

Re: Radiator Wanted :-)

Post by jerryfudd on Thu 09 Oct 2014, 7:45 am

Depends on how desperate you are... I've just taken mine off to replace - very twisted but its water tight.

I'll be keeping the fan and looks like that top bracket for the fan has snapped but as I say if your desperate it will get a bike running. 

Dan
billbofagends

Post by billbofagends on Thu 09 Oct 2014, 9:46 am

Thanks for the offer Dan. :-) I'm not desperate for one just yet. I'm going to put some Wynn's stop leak in it first.
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Thu 09 Oct 2014, 1:13 pm

billbofagends wrote:Thanks for the offer Dan. :-) I'm not desperate for one just yet. I'm going to put some Wynn's stop leak in it first.

Don't do this. Just replace the radiator.

The stuff in 'Holts radweld' or 'Wynns stop leak' (etc) has a nasty habit of clogging up the smaller passages which the coolant flows through - some of these passages are inside the engine, some in the carbs and some are outside (small pipes). This a bad thing for your bike and will make it go more wrong.

In addition to the problems it will cause your bike, you will get really annoyed when you have to flush the cooling system *loads* of times to get it all out and even more annoyed when it still brakes your bike (it's almost impossible to remove) at some point in the future.

You would be better in buying that bent radiator and fitting it rather than using radweld.

FYI you can get a new one from Delkevic for about 100 quid. Used ones also come up on ebay and occasionally on this site.

Sorry for sounding a bit preachy...
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Thu 09 Oct 2014, 1:19 pm

^ What he said !
badseeds

Awesome!

Post by badseeds on Thu 09 Oct 2014, 11:00 pm

Beresford wrote:^ What he said !

↑ And what he said!
billbofagends

Post by billbofagends on Sun 12 Oct 2014, 10:04 am

OK fair point. I did wonder whether it would cause problems elsewhere. I'll just keep an eye out for a cheap second hand one. I only paid £300 for the bike so I'm reluctant to spend £100+ on a rad! lol.
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Mon 13 Oct 2014, 12:34 pm

billbofagends wrote:OK fair point. I did wonder whether it would cause problems elsewhere. I'll just keep an eye out for a cheap second hand one. I only paid £300 for the bike so I'm reluctant to spend £100+ on a rad! lol.

Keep your eyes on ebay - they do come up.

Having said that, if you buy a new one you shouldn't need to *ever* buy another (especially if you fit a radiator protector/cover - unlike me!)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 17 Oct 2017, 12:12 pm