You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

Forum Upgrades and Ideas (open to all users)

Poll

Would you like the mechanics feature to run on this forum?

[ 8 ]
100% [100%] 
[ 0 ]
0% [0%] 
[ 0 ]
0% [0%] 
[ 0 ]
0% [0%] 

Total Votes: 8
spitonyourgrave22
Admin
Admin

Forum Upgrades and Ideas (open to all users)

Post by spitonyourgrave22 on Thu 23 Dec 2010, 1:10 pm

Hi all.

Just realised that this section is necessary, but not available! So if you have an idea, request, or simply would like to see a feature, write it down and we'll work on it.

The latest idea we've been mulling over, is the idea of letting mechanics on the forum be recognised. If you are a mechanic, you simply message either one of the admins or mods, and ask to be put on the mechanic's list. You would get a badge next to your avatar on messages and your profile, plus extra space to promote your business. The idea is, we know whether information and advice on this forum is given by a mechanic, or a normal guy.

This is a feature which the user will be able to have full control over once they have been accepted. You simply go into your profile, and edit your details.

If people would like this feature to be used on the forum, then let me know what you think, I'll be running a separate poll here, but feel free to message about it too.

Oh, and Merry Christmas to all!

santa
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Re: Forum Upgrades and Ideas (open to all users)

Post by ashcroc on Sun 13 Feb 2011, 9:32 am

How about a sub forum of the workshop forum showing step-by-step run through's like the fantastic one kungfupoodle did for the starter motor or the multitude here for mtbs?
birdyboy
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by birdyboy on Sun 13 Feb 2011, 7:35 pm

I like the idea of the step by step guides - I gave my starter the once over today after seeing the process/images posted on this site while browsing last night.
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Post by teamster1975 on Sun 13 Feb 2011, 7:41 pm

Dan and I have been discussing this very subject, I'll be out with the camera when I do work on the bike from now on!
spitonyourgrave22
Admin
Admin

Post by spitonyourgrave22 on Sun 13 Feb 2011, 9:35 pm

There is actually an area for this called 'blogs articles and diaries' or something like that. I guess it's not explicate in what you could put there, but the intention was to keep photo diaries of trips and builds ect.

Perhaps I should just add some information there? Unless it is something else you are looking for?
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Post by teamster1975 on Sun 13 Feb 2011, 10:45 pm

I guess if we make up How-To guides with photos they would really belong in the maintenance section, unless you wanted to keep them separate from the existing articles; maybe create another forum within "YourCB" for user submitted KB articles or similar.
spitonyourgrave22
Admin
Admin

Post by spitonyourgrave22 on Sun 13 Feb 2011, 11:09 pm

I guess it makes sense to have those guides separate from the other articles.

They would fit in more with workshop parts then diaries. I'll look into it.

In the mean time, what do people think of the mechanics badge feature? Not really got enough people voting to make any changes yet. 400 members and only 8 votes Smile

Thanks for your idea ashcroc!
tony b

Post by tony b on Thu 12 Feb 2015, 9:16 pm

I'm a member of a couple of other biking forums and both can be used on the 'Tapatalk' mobile app which makes using the forum on a smartphone/tablet 100x as easy. Any plans on doing this?

Many thanks.
jchesshyre
the 900
the 900

Post by jchesshyre on Fri 30 Oct 2015, 6:56 pm

As I've just written in a thread in the Workshop section about valve clearances, it could be good to have a sticky post somewhere near the Haynes manual link with a list of errors in said manual. 

E.g., valve clearance specs are given as the spec reading +0.02 instead of ±0.02, and the instructions for checking the clearances of cylinder 2 say rotate the crankshaft anticlockwise half a turn when it should be clockwise. 

I've found a couple of others over the years which don't spring to mind now but they will come back to me...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 24 May 2018, 3:26 am