You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

Cartridge Fork Emulators

pedro
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Cartridge Fork Emulators

Post by pedro on Mon 25 Aug 2014, 8:37 am

I was reading about these things in a mag. recently , a guy was doing a refurb on a ZZR600 and was installing a pair of them . I'd never heard of them before but at around £80-£100 a set they sounded a good bet for the CB - if they work . Don't know if you can get a set to fit the CB ?
Anybody any info. on them either for the CB or any other bike .

Cheers.
stevew
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Re: Cartridge Fork Emulators

Post by stevew on Mon 25 Aug 2014, 9:22 am

I was wondering the same thing, must have read the same article.
Looking forward to some 'informed' info  Very Happy 

Might be worth asking the same question on the CB500 racing forum
http://z3.invisionfree.com/cb500_racing/index.php?
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Mon 25 Aug 2014, 11:00 am

Look here
http://www.racetech.com/page/title/Emulators-How%20They%20Work
stevew
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by stevew on Mon 25 Aug 2014, 6:39 pm

Coo, that's interesting reading but maybe a bit heavy for old tech guys like me Sleep

What i really want to know is how much will it cost and is it worth it?
pedro
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by pedro on Mon 25 Aug 2014, 7:52 pm

Thanks for the replies folks .

Sounds like we are reading the same mag. (Practical Sportsbike if anyone's interested - great mag. ) I had a look on the CB Racing Forum and as far as I could see racers are limited to changing  progressive fork springs and then only from two manufacturers , cartridge forks are definitely not permitted , I assume this would preclude emmulators as well .

I read the article you mentioned Beresford which was really interesting but it was a bit over my head . I was hoping some one had given them a go , on any bike really , and had an opinion on if they were worth it or not .

If nobody has tried them we might need to persuade someone to give them a go and report back - any volunteers ?
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Tue 26 Aug 2014, 12:10 am

Unfortunately RaceTech don't list emulators for the CB500, though they list for the GB500 whose forks at least look similar. Cost seems to be about £120
pedro
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by pedro on Wed 27 Aug 2014, 1:00 pm

YSS make them as well I've seen them advertised for £72 . They don't seem to be bike specific more dependant on the internal diameter of the fork tube which seems reasonable . Fitting looks pretty straight forward although it looks as if you you need to increase the flow of oil thro the damper rods by enlarging the holes . I know the CB's forks are 37mm externally but don't know the internal diameter - anyone know ? ( mines a '96 model ) .
I've been looking on other Forums for any comments from folks that have used them , one was for Royal Enfield !! And the comments were pretty positive .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 Aug 2018, 11:53 pm