Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Oxford First Time Panniers and Pillion

adds666
Squiddy
Squiddy

Oxford First Time Panniers and Pillion

Post by adds666 on Wed 15 Dec 2010, 7:38 pm

Hey all,

First post to the forum, long time listening first time .. typer?

Planning a trip in April around Europe and intend on taking the misus.

Got a pair of Oxford first time panniers and a Ghost tank bag.

Question is, has anyone else used the Oxford panniers? and if so tried to carry a pillion?

We are both very comfortable on the bike without the panniers but when they are on, her legs are pushed too far forwards for the pegs.

I'm unable to move them any further back due to the indicators, however im now thinking adapt them to accomodate the panniers further backwards? Wondered whether anyone else had any experience with soft panniers and pillions and any sort of solution?

Thanks in advance, hope I can become a valued member of the community

Adam
spitonyourgrave22
Admin
Admin

Re: Oxford First Time Panniers and Pillion

Post by spitonyourgrave22 on Thu 16 Dec 2010, 7:52 am

@adds666 wrote:Hey all,

First post to the forum, long time listening first time .. typer?

Planning a trip in April around Europe and intend on taking the misus.

Got a pair of Oxford first time panniers and a Ghost tank bag.

Question is, has anyone else used the Oxford panniers? and if so tried to carry a pillion?

We are both very comfortable on the bike without the panniers but when they are on, her legs are pushed too far forwards for the pegs.

I'm unable to move them any further back due to the indicators, however im now thinking adapt them to accomodate the panniers further backwards? Wondered whether anyone else had any experience with soft panniers and pillions and any sort of solution?

Thanks in advance, hope I can become a valued member of the community

Adam

I used those panniers, and I have to say I had the exact same experience. I just think they don't really fit the bike. Just stuck to back packs when possible. I did think it would be an easy fix with the right tools. All you would need is a piece of metal, which you bend into an s-bend with two right angles. Drill holes to fit your indicators. Then the indicators will be moved back as far as your piece of metal is. It's an easy fix if you have a big drill, but I never did.

Also, welcome to the forum! You can consider it a Christmas presne from your bike to you Wink

Current date/time is Thu 29 Jun 2017, 5:13 pm