Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

[solved]tyre pressures for mixed tyres?

davhav

[solved]tyre pressures for mixed tyres?

Post by davhav on Sat 19 Jul 2014, 1:36 pm

Can anyone advise me on correct tyre pressures? I picked up my cb 500s yesterday and rode it home 88miles. It has an avon roadrider on front and a bridgestone bt 45 on the rear. Checked pressures this morning and the guy I bought it off had the front at 38psi and rear at 40. Honda say 29 and 33, however I'm aware that tyre manufacturers say different. Just a bit confused as mixed tyres and front felt a bit 'harsh' to me on the way home, particularly on motorway bits. Any experience/advice greatly appreciated scratch
jchesshyre
the 900
the 900

Re: [solved]tyre pressures for mixed tyres?

Post by jchesshyre on Sat 19 Jul 2014, 4:31 pm

I find the Honda pressures too low and I weigh about 11 stone. But their pressures presumably only apply to the Dunlops that were OE.

I used to use BT45s which I ran at Bridgestone's recommended 36psi front 40psi rear. I've since downgraded (arguably) to Avon Roadriders which I run at 33psi front 36psi rear.

For your combination why don't you try 33psi front and 40 rear and see how that feels, and reduce the rear if it doesn't feel grippy enough?
davhav

Post by davhav on Sat 19 Jul 2014, 10:54 pm

Thanks for that, sounds like good advice, I'll give it a go and let you know how I get on. Very Happy
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Sun 20 Jul 2014, 10:15 am

That sounds like what I would do. As long as the pressures are reasonably close to what the manufacturer expected for the loading then you should be OK...
davhav

Post by davhav on Sun 20 Jul 2014, 5:27 pm

Smile 
Thanks guys, just been for a ride and those pressures felt fine. Took a pillion as well as solo and both felt ok with plenty of grip. Cheers for the comments.
jchesshyre
the 900
the 900

Post by jchesshyre on Sun 20 Jul 2014, 10:55 pm

Glad to hear it. Happy riding!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 26 Jul 2017, 3:28 pm