Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Newbie Here cb500s Reading Area

adapt63
adapt63

Newbie Here cb500s Reading Area Empty Newbie Here cb500s Reading Area

Post by adapt63 on Wed 30 Apr 2014, 3:09 pm

Hi 

Been riding about 30 yrs....had lots of bikes but my little cb 500s ranks amongst the best..(next to my old cb 900f )

Bike is an x plate with 85k on it v tatty and very noisey................................BUT its got hagon shocks, handlebar risers, v nice loud exhaust, belly pan, irridium plugs. dropped a tooth on the front sprocket (now a 14  better for off the lights) er few other mods I cant think of at the moment. Just a very comfy, easy to ride bike. I take it into London from the Ascot area daily. Starts 1st time every time, just put a new front tyre on it (bridgestone battlax since  you asked Wink ). I do a trip up north 2/3 times a year on it. £55 return on bike, £120 in my car!!

Just bought a couple of little pushbike leds for the commute, yes its illegal blah blah blah so is texting when you drive and I see that all day every day, cept im the one that will end up in a wheelchair!

So thats me pics to follow.

Have a nice day!

Smile

Last edited by adapt63 on Wed 30 Apr 2014, 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
teamster1975
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Newbie Here cb500s Reading Area Empty Re: Newbie Here cb500s Reading Area

Post by teamster1975 on Wed 30 Apr 2014, 3:55 pm

Welcome mate, you're fairly close to me! (Woking)
Looking forward to seeing a pic of the CB Smile
adapt63
adapt63

Post by adapt63 on Wed 30 Apr 2014, 4:04 pm

yes used to work in woking nr the sandwich shop, near the guitar shop....parking was a a pain in the ass! lol Wink

oh i see your IT me too Wink ...paradigm geophysical i worked for, then a charity in the same building...oddly enough
American john
American john
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by American john on Tue 22 Jul 2014, 10:55 am

I used to live in course road just off the high street in  ascot lived in sunningdale too but now out past newbury in west berks.  Great Little bikes cant fault then when you consider cost of ownership. I am new to bikes (3 years riding) and I have always fancied riding those twisties in the way to windsor.  The road that goes by the thatched pub..  Or up through chobam.
teamster1975
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Post by teamster1975 on Tue 22 Jul 2014, 9:03 pm

@American john wrote:I used to live in course road just off the high street in  ascot lived in sunningdale too but now out past newbury in west berks.  Great Little bikes cant fault then when you consider cost of ownership. I am new to bikes (3 years riding) and I have always fancied riding those twisties in the way to windsor.  The road that goes by the thatched pub..  Or up through chobam.

There's some lovely roads around Chobham, up past the old tank factory. Sunningdale to Windsor is a nice ride too, lots of twisties!
alvamiga
alvamiga
Godzilla
Godzilla

Post by alvamiga on Sat 27 Dec 2014, 11:04 pm

I am also in the Reading area, although I will be moving way up to Cumbria in the next few months. If you ever see a CB500W with green LEDs on or parked with mad colours going on at present it's most likely to be me! Smile
teamster1975
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Post by teamster1975 on Sun 28 Dec 2014, 9:26 am

I'll keep my eyes peeled! Wink Let us know before you move, it'd be nice to get a few of us together for a ride out and a coffee.
alvamiga
alvamiga
Godzilla
Godzilla

Post by alvamiga on Wed 31 Dec 2014, 8:20 am

Have to remove the temporary lights, unfortunately. Managed to drop the bike last night and need to take it into the shop to straighten out the handlebars and fix up indicator which also got broken up. Sad

I'm okay; it was just a gentle roll onto the road. Got caught out on some frozen mud, rather than pushing the envelope or any such inadvisable thing in this weather. Smile
teamster1975
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Post by teamster1975 on Wed 31 Dec 2014, 8:21 pm

Sorry to hear that mate, glad there wasn't too much damage done. The roads around here were horrible this morning, no salt at all.
sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Wed 31 Dec 2014, 9:23 pm

Glad to hear you're ok. The bike will get fixed without too much trouble it would seem.
alvamiga
alvamiga
Godzilla
Godzilla

Post by alvamiga on Thu 29 Jan 2015, 11:57 pm

Back on the road again, but been very busy with work. MOT done for another year, so between the bits needing doing for that, such as the new front tyre, I ended up spending £340-odd. Should get some back from Wokingham Council, but it's getting them to actually admit responsibility for what turned out to be a hulking great pothole which I clipped the edge of in the dark and hadn't seen because of the water everywhere. Still far cheaper that public transport over the year! Very Happy
eternally_troubled
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 12:35 pm

As you mentioned you *should* be able to get some back from the council; they are responsible for keeping the roads in a safe state (which, to an extent, you have proved was not the case with your accident). I suspect it might not be easy... good luck! Glad you didn't manage to damage yourself!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 17 Aug 2019, 11:55 pm