Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

rear caliper rebuild

CBsean
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

rear caliper rebuild

Post by CBsean on Fri 11 Apr 2014, 2:12 am

anyone know where to get rear caliper pistons? can only seem to find fronts or seals only, my brembo piston has seen better days, also looking I cant seem to find rear guide pins and posts elsewhere lead me to believe they might not be possible to obtain, might it be better to spend 50 euros on a used caliper and carrier once i know the piston is in good nick?
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Re: rear caliper rebuild

Post by eternally_troubled on Sat 12 Apr 2014, 2:42 am

You can get pistons here:

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_motorcycle_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=13MY5WEA&block_02=F__1102&block_03=1612

If they can get them then any Honda dealer should be able to order them in - it might be cheaper to get your local dealer or independent garage to order it from Honda rather than pay postage from Lings.
louis_sutton
Mothra the Radioactive
Mothra the Radioactive

Post by louis_sutton on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 2:14 am

Just to resurrect the original plea here - anyone know where is still selling rear pistons?  I'd like to service and rebuild my rear caliper, and if I'm taking it apart, might as well replace everything I can to keep it problem free for a good few years.  Trouble is, no-one seems to sell it any more...
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 2:37 am

I wonder if there are any calipers from other bike that'd fit.
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 2:57 am

Have u tried davidsilverspares in uk, he buys up all old but new honda parts around world.
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 3:55 am

Searching on the part number listed here it looks like they may be able to get them on 'special order'.
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 4:18 am

There was a company on ebay in uk that u send them ur caliper  and they send it back reconditioned unIt. I was looking into it for front brakes on my fireblade after sticking caliper warped a disc
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 5:27 am

Think I saw the same ad (possibly from a link). As I recall, they had 2 or 3 different prices dependant on if you wanted a full recondition or just the internals serviced.
trophydave
Godly
Godly

Post by trophydave on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 6:08 am

Could you find somewhere,possibly a local engineer to make you a stainless piston?
louis_sutton
Mothra the Radioactive
Mothra the Radioactive

Post by louis_sutton on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 6:48 am

David silver spares are no joy (on their website). I've found one on cmsnl (€35). Surprisingly hard to come by!

Appreciate the suggestions. I did think about a company, but I fancy doing it myself- I have to yell for a spanner (be it because of a lack of time or general inexperience) often enough, so I enjoy tackling something when I can.

Plus I get to hide from the wife and kids in the garage...
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Post by teamster1975 on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 6:58 am

@louis_sutton wrote:Plus I get to hide from the wife and kids in the garage...

I can relate to that one!
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 9:29 am

U need to send them( davidsilverspares) an email requesting the parts u need its just not on list they show, they will have them, i use to have an america cbr 600 f2 in american colours only white blue red fairing and they had  nose fairing (for a price)  there huge operation even have shop in usa, buys up old stock in usa by truck loads. Have look at them on fb,
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 9:57 am

@louis_sutton wrote:David silver spares are no joy (on their website). I've found one on cmsnl (€35). Surprisingly hard to come by!

Appreciate the suggestions. I did think about a company, but I fancy doing it myself- I have to yell for a spanner (be it because of a lack of time or general inexperience) often enough, so I enjoy tackling something when I can.

Plus I get to hide from the wife and kids in the garage...

They aren't listed on the site but if you search by part number you get what's in the link I posted.
badseeds

Awesome!

Post by badseeds on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 9:19 am

Try searching for other machines; that rear caliper was also fitted to the FX650, SLR650 & NX650. These bikes are far less common than ours so there's bound to be someone out there with something they can't shift.....

Post by Guest on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 5:15 pm

davebike500
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post by davebike500 on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 6:22 pm

The piston seals and both rubber parts are still current Honda arts from any dealer or independent with access to Honda parts i.e. most / all motorcycle workshops

The Guide pins are not and have never been listed as separate parts

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 22 Nov 2017, 7:54 am