Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

CB500 Headlight Rim

jimbobs63
the 800
the 800

CB500 Headlight Rim

Post by jimbobs63 on Sat 05 Apr 2014, 10:20 am

Hi,

As the title states, I'm looking for a CB500 Headlight Rim in decent condition to replace the older rusted/pitted one on my bike. Needs to the be the part number quoted above to fit the rest of the headlight assembly on the bike which is in decent condition.

(As you will see from the for sale section of the forum, I have put some parts up for sale - most for just the price of postage / packaging. Take a look and maybe we can do a swap?)

Best Wishes,
Jim
FLIBOY
Squiddy
Squiddy

Re: CB500 Headlight Rim

Post by FLIBOY on Fri 11 Apr 2014, 10:44 pm

Hi jim ive got a rim thats in quite good condition that id swap with you,Id be interested in front mudguaed,sidepanels and tailpiece.heres my number07500540693..
jimbobs63
the 800
the 800

Post by jimbobs63 on Sat 12 Apr 2014, 2:03 am

Thanks Fliboy, I'll give you a call!

Jim
FLIBOY
Squiddy
Squiddy

headlight rim

Post by FLIBOY on Sat 12 Apr 2014, 7:43 pm

Here  are a few pictures for you. You can have the complete headlight for the parts if you want.
Regards,
Andrew

jimbobs63
the 800
the 800

Post by jimbobs63 on Sun 13 Apr 2014, 1:53 pm

Thanks Andrew,

I'm happy just to have the rim if it's OK with you.

By the way, this is the model of headlight that has the three fixings for the rim onto the bowl at 12 o'clock, 4 o'clock and 8 o'clock?

I'll take some photos of the mudguard, seat fairing and side panels so you know what they look like.

Jim
FLIBOY
Squiddy
Squiddy

headlight rim

Post by FLIBOY on Mon 14 Apr 2014, 6:51 pm

Hi Jim the rim has screw fixings at 4 and 8 0clock and a tab fixing at 12 oclock...like i said your welcome to the whole headlight if my rim has different fixtures and i look forward to your parts pictures,regards Andrew
jimbobs63
the 800
the 800

Post by jimbobs63 on Mon 14 Apr 2014, 7:00 pm

Hello again Andrew,

That's a shame about the rim - I want one as per the part number I quoted in the Topic title as it has to be compatible with the black plastic bowl I have acquired (a CBF500 version).

Anyway, please find below photos as promised of the side panels, seat fairing and mudguard.  You are still welcome to them for the price of postage / packaging.

Unfortunately from tomorrow morning I'm away until Sunday, so won't be able to send you anything until after that.

As you can see, the bottom fixing point on the Left Hand Side Panel is broken.  The lugs on both are present.

Some repairs have been done around one fixing point on the Seat fairing.  Overall the fairing is in fair condition.

The Mudguard has a crack just by the rear right fixing point. It does have a small fenda extenda - not full sized.  The bracket has one stud seized into it, but you can just put a nut on it to fix it!

Thanks,
Jim

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 20 Aug 2017, 1:30 am