Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

How did you fit the wemoto universal £10 hand guards?

Szabi
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

How did you fit the wemoto universal £10 hand guards?

Post by Szabi on Tue 01 Apr 2014, 7:58 pm

Hello,

I have had different types of handguards, but so far I did not manage to fit any of them on to my CB500S (Later converted to CB500), due to the lack of space on the handlebar.
Now I have ordered these universal handguards from wemoto:

http://www.wemoto.com/parts/picture/hl-263031/

I know it fits, as I have read somwhere on the net where people fit it, but I am just struggling to fit it myself.

Does anyone has this type of handguards fitted already? If yes, could you please take a photo of it form certain angles and from both sides and post it on the forum??

Many thanks
geewhizz
the 900
the 900

Re: How did you fit the wemoto universal £10 hand guards?

Post by geewhizz on Thu 03 Apr 2014, 7:45 pm

send me your email and ill fire some pics over to you, its easier than hosting them on a website.
Szabi
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by Szabi on Fri 04 Apr 2014, 1:15 pm

Hey Geewhizz,

just sent you a PM with you email address.

Many thanks for your help Wink
Szabi
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by Szabi on Sun 06 Apr 2014, 6:11 pm

Here are the photos of Gheewizz's handguards if anyone else is interested:

Thanks again Geewhizz

Will try to fit mine soon
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Mon 07 Apr 2014, 1:02 pm

So the simple answer to 'how do you fit the handguards?' is 'cable ties' Smile

Gheewhizz - I'm glad to see that your bike looks in a similar 'used' state to mine....
geewhizz
the 900
the 900

Post by geewhizz on Mon 07 Apr 2014, 7:08 pm

Haha it looks a lot worse in the pictures your honor. I've yet to do the finishing touches to the bikini fairing and after that sahara storm came to deposit loads of shit everywhere, well that and my garden hose is out of action so its not getting any attention at the moment...i do love her tho, honest, don't take her away from me....!
Szabi
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by Szabi on Mon 07 Apr 2014, 9:48 pm

I do like the compass on the handlebar Smile - nice touch Wink
Applecart
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by Applecart on Mon 23 Jun 2014, 5:14 pm

I used some very similar to the wemoto ones, obtained from Hein Gericke ( no longer stocked )

Fastened with strong tie-wraps after some minor scalpel surgery so the clutch adjuster at the lever on the left side fitted through ( slot cut for it ) and reshaped the brake master cylinder plastic section to be a better fit... Not sure I took any photos though? ( still have them although the right side one is scratched and chewed a bit now )  Did a fantastic job of keeping my fingers dry and free from wind-chill right up to and *cough* beyond ...also meant I could wear my summer gloves year round instead of resorting to those spaceman/wicket keeper monstrosities.

Pretty sure they're manufactured by Polisport. I bought a yellow pair last year in readiness for my yellow bike being built.

I initially bought a pair of mx/enduro hand guards with the built in alloy crash bar that bolt to the handlebars and fit into your bar ends.. but there was no way with standard bars they'd fit.
Renthals yes, no problem, standard bars with standard cable lengths.. nope.

Both my Gericke sourced black ones, and my still new in Polisport bag yellow ones are stamped REF 308 309 (SPOLIER).

Ask Wemoto what is moulded/stamped into the rear face of the ones they sell, it's probably the same.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 22 Sep 2017, 5:31 am