Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

1994 headlight bolt fittings and gap.

HomeBrew
the 900
the 900

1994 headlight bolt fittings and gap.

Post by HomeBrew on Mon 24 Mar 2014, 9:37 pm

I am fitting a 1994 headlight to my 1997 CB, I have connected everything up but there is a large 3mm gap around the glass allowing weather etc into the interior wires. 

I have screwed on the 3 bolts that attach the rim and headlight to the case, there is one small bolt that secures the rim to the headlight in addition to spring adjuster one- I cannot attach this through the case as-well, as there is only a spring plate that takes the thread on the inside not attached to anything- there is a hole on the case which lines up with this bolt but how are you meant to screw a bolt through when there is no way of holding the plate from the inside?

I hope that is clear enough, on the 1997 headlight there is a nut welded onto the tab, so the bolt can just be threaded through. 

Thank you for any insight.
Applecart
Squiddy
Squiddy

Re: 1994 headlight bolt fittings and gap.

Post by Applecart on Mon 23 Jun 2014, 5:55 pm

The 94 ( rounded bowl rim design ) and 97 onwards ( squared off rim design ) headlights are completely different.

The 94 glass is retained by a metal inner ring and the 97 onwards doesn't have this. I should really go take some photo's since a picture explains more than I can in words but I first have to figure out how to create and use my forum gallery, it's saying mine is full even though I've not uploaded anything into it yet!
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Tue 24 Jun 2014, 4:20 pm

It is often quicker/easier to use something like photobucket and/or flickr and put a link your picture into your post....

I think the 'storage limit' referred to is one for *the whole gallery* not your personal space - ie. someone needs to go in and delete some pictures. I should know how to do this, but...
badseeds

Awesome!

Post by badseeds on Tue 01 Jul 2014, 7:27 pm

This headlight unit was also used on these other Honda machines. This is how it's fixed:

Unfortunately Honda don't list it with a seperate part number.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 21 Nov 2017, 5:22 pm