Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Fixing up My CB500S on a Budget

DaveDevon
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

Fixing up My CB500S on a Budget

Post by DaveDevon on Sun 16 Feb 2014, 12:55 pm

Before: Flaking Paint and no Fenda

After:
£21 from ebay and matching colour too!
Hopefully this will look after my downpipes as well!

Last edited by DaveDevon on Sun 16 Feb 2014, 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adjusting photo size)

muttley1
the 900
the 900

Re: Fixing up My CB500S on a Budget

Post by muttley1 on Sun 16 Feb 2014, 1:00 pm

Looks good, just what I am after to finish my project!

MUTTLEY1
DaveDevon
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

Post by DaveDevon on Sun 16 Feb 2014, 1:06 pm

this is just the start of my project. I don't have much idea about fixing it up but this forum is helping! Got a matching tank to fit next...
" />

muttley1
the 900
the 900

Post by muttley1 on Sun 16 Feb 2014, 1:35 pm

Hi,
I replaced the tank a couple of weeks ago (same colour, looks nice), its an easy job. Pic of my project in the show us your bike thread.

m1
DaveDevon
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

Post by DaveDevon on Mon 24 Feb 2014, 4:10 pm

Before and after

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Mon 24 Feb 2014, 7:42 pm

I'm loving your 'before' and 'after' shots.

What in earth did you drop on the tank?!
DaveDevon
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

Post by DaveDevon on Tue 25 Feb 2014, 9:33 am

I didnt lol. I bought the bike for £250 and it needs a great deal of TLC. Dent in tank. crack in fairing, ripped seat, etc etc...so Im doing it up and hopefully I can learn a bit about bikes. So im going to be posting lots of before and after photos just to bore everyone  Rolling Eyes

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Tue 25 Feb 2014, 9:41 am

You wont bore me...!

For just £250, it can only be a happy ending.
DaveDevon
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

Post by DaveDevon on Tue 25 Feb 2014, 9:44 am

Before and after
Old ripped seat replaced with an ebay special
If anyone wants the old seat its yours! collection from devon or I will post and you can pay postage
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Tue 25 Feb 2014, 11:27 am

Lookin' good.

On the subject of prices; you should just feel lucky!

You paid 250£ for your CB. Due to tax-regulations etc in my country of residence, I've paid approximately ten times that for mine. 2500£.

Okay, mine was a bit less tatty, but it's not a faired model, so I'd say you have made a bargain there.

Keep the pictures coming Smile
DaveDevon
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

Post by DaveDevon on Tue 25 Feb 2014, 12:06 pm

why is the tax so high in Denmark?  Shocked
Basil Moss
the 900
the 900

Post by Basil Moss on Tue 25 Feb 2014, 2:34 pm

DaveDevon wrote:why is the tax so high in Denmark?  Shocked

To pay for nice jumpers for all their awesome detectives...
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Wed 26 Feb 2014, 5:43 am

DaveDevon wrote:why is the tax so high in Denmark?  Shocked

Long story. but I guess the bulk of it has to do with funding what local politicians fancy calling 'our welfare society'.
Politicians rarely being the sharpest tools in the shed also have a knack for not spending tax money in a particularly costeffective way, which also goes towards elevated tax levels.

And motor vehicles are a good source of tax-money because they are needed in today's life.

Oh well.

While we're at the subject of silly politicians and the kindergarden for grown-ups called 'government', you yourself can have a shot at doing it better than them by poking at this product. Yes, it's only a simulation, but nonetheless it slaps a kind of logical and simple insight in your face when it comes to realising the complexities of running a national household.
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Wed 26 Feb 2014, 5:47 am

Basil Moss wrote:To pay for nice jumpers for all their awesome detectives...

Huh? You lost me there - jumpers and detectives...

Is there some TV-series I haven't paid attention to, or have I just been living under a rock for too long?
Basil Moss
the 900
the 900

Post by Basil Moss on Wed 26 Feb 2014, 7:18 am

stormbringer wrote:

Basil Moss wrote:To pay for nice jumpers for all their awesome detectives...

Huh? You lost me there - jumpers and detectives...

Is there some TV-series I haven't paid attention to, or have I just been living under a rock for too long?

Oh dear, we middle class British must have become more Danish than the Danes! We're all hooked on "The Killing" - I was referring to Sarah Lund and her sweaters. It seemed everyone in the UK started wearing them a couple of years back when it was on telly here.
Basil Moss
the 900
the 900

Post by Basil Moss on Wed 26 Feb 2014, 7:23 am

Oh yeah we also take it on good authority from the series "Borgen" that Danish politics is far more sexy than ours, with all manner of different parties, intrigue and backstabbing. We have a crowd of red nosed buffoons in suits, who sit in leather chairs and "baa" at one another all day. Our first decent effort at a coalition government turned into the "right" party using the "middle" party as their catamites, while the "left" party sits in the opposite row saying "baa" at all of them.
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Wed 26 Feb 2014, 8:49 am

Basil Moss wrote:Oh dear, we middle class British must have become more Danish than the Danes!
 LOL.

I'm 1/4 german, she who must be obeyed is from Moldova, we don't have a home full of B&O-gear and we watch a lot of british TV.

Haven't seen Borgen or any of those. I'm not much of a series-kinda-guy. But yes, danish film industry has made good progress lately. Should you not be aware, we've got Per Fly, who's responsible for doing the trilogy Bænken, Arven and Drabet (The killing???) a few years back. He's a favourite of mine - and all three feature Jesper Christensen on screen.
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Wed 26 Feb 2014, 9:02 am

Basil Moss wrote:Oh yeah we also take it on good authority from the series "Borgen" that Danish politics is far more sexy than ours, with all manner of different parties, intrigue and backstabbing. We have a crowd of red nosed buffoons in suits, who sit in leather chairs and "baa" at one another all day. Our first decent effort at a coalition government turned into the "right" party using the "middle" party as their catamites, while the "left" party sits in the opposite row saying "baa" at all of them.

See. Kindergarten.

About the only sexy thing there is to danish politics must be Gucci-Helle, our prime minister who likes to make selfies with Obama. She is - by far - the best looking prime minister we've had. But then again, all the others before her were men, so I guess that's why.
Also, we have pretty Johanne on the extreme left wing. Pretty, but pretty gets overshadowed by the fact that she proposed to send home the entire police force and also the military. I got a few giggles out of that...

Baa: Yes, I saw 'The Iron Lady'. That's democracy right there. But would you rather have it like in various eastern europe countries? There, people don't settle for verbal abuse - they engage in fist-fights. Very entertaining if only it wasn't such a serious subject to run a country...
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Wed 26 Feb 2014, 12:51 pm

stormbringer wrote:

Baa: Yes, I saw 'The Iron Lady'. That's democracy right there. But would you rather have it like in various eastern europe countries? There, people don't settle for verbal abuse - they engage in fist-fights. Very entertaining if only it wasn't such a serious subject to run a country...

For all their faults, it is nice to live in a place (like the UK or Denmark) where you don't have to be worried that the police (or worse) arresting/attacking you while going about your daily business.

In fact, it is because we *don't* have to face some of those kinds of abuses that leaves us the time and energy to complain about the (relatively) minor shortcomings of our politicians...

DaveDevon
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

Post by DaveDevon on Sun 02 Mar 2014, 7:22 pm

Front wheel cleaned..rear needs doing
DaveDevon
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

Post by DaveDevon on Sun 02 Mar 2014, 7:24 pm

Rear wheel cleaned!
TimReal
Running out of unique names

Post by TimReal on Sun 02 Mar 2014, 8:09 pm

Good stuff, coming on nicely.
DaveDevon
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

Post by DaveDevon on Fri 07 Mar 2014, 5:50 pm

Before and after, Ok so its not brilliant but Im doing it on a tight budget, well that's my excuse  Rolling Eyes 

TimReal

Post by TimReal on Fri 07 Mar 2014, 9:35 pm

Looks good to me!

sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Fri 07 Mar 2014, 10:16 pm

I think that looks very good. Did you spray it in situ?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 21 Sep 2017, 4:58 pm