Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

bt 003's

geewhizz
the 900
the 900

bt 003's

Post by geewhizz on Wed 29 Jan 2014, 11:21 pm

anyone used them through the winter/wet weather as a commuter? or is it a stupid time to be thinking about putting these on?
JoshSingleton
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

Re: bt 003's

Post by JoshSingleton on Thu 30 Jan 2014, 8:46 am

A friend of mine has them on his fireblade and swears by these tires in the dry weather but they will wear quicker than bt45's. He says in the wet your probably better with something that's a bit more friendly. That's on a blade though so probably completely different on the cb.

muttley1
the 900
the 900

Post by muttley1 on Thu 30 Jan 2014, 12:35 pm

You can pick up ex-race scrubs for £50 or so a set so pretty cheap rubber. BUT, these are race tyres really, softer than the 090's imo and they won't warm up in the winter (or fully in the summer unless you are really on it).
I've tried them, summer dry is fine, summer wet is not, any wet or cold is not. The racers have wet tyres for the wet and if its cold (normal) uk riding, BT45's are the best choice, or Roadriders...see separate thread.

atb

muttley1
badseeds

Awesome!

Post by badseeds on Thu 30 Jan 2014, 6:53 pm

I won't be using Roadriders anymore. The grip and wear-rate have been fine. Some people say they don't inspire confidence in the wet, but I never found them too bad; they do slither about, but not enough to worry.

My only issue has been with the way they have deteriorated - there's cracking all over them, particularly on the side-walls and I doubt they'll pass its impending MOT. This is well documented, as is Avon's lack of interest.
Tricky.
the 900
the 900

Post by Tricky. on Thu 30 Jan 2014, 7:52 pm

ive got some roadriders, near new, and they are crackled on the wall. bt003 no good in the wet or cold.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 28 Jun 2017, 8:14 pm